• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jay Stansfield

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
He's so much Exeter City that only ever played for you as a City player when he was loaned. He f'd off to London as soon as he could at 16.

Ooh, how we love him! He's City through and through! At least Rooney was wearing a blue shirt when he said always a blue. Watkins..yes, Ampadu..yes, Stansfield.. embarrassing!
Why are you here?

Curley

They have tremendously short memories of what utter c units they were to him last season.

What a boy he is. The only bit of a Exeter City related cheer being dished out this festive season so far that’s for sure.
I suppose you have a short memory of dozens of you lot chanting about the tragic passing of Alan Nichols? Of course no doubt you will sweep this under the carpet as always. #AlwaysTheVictims.

manc grecian

I suppose you have a short memory of dozens of you lot chanting about the tragic passing of Alan Nichols? Of course no doubt you will sweep this under the carpet as always. #AlwaysTheVictims.
Go and get some fresh air Curley. You're boring everyone to tears here.

Curley

Go and get some fresh air Curley. You're boring everyone to tears here.
You didn't answer the question. Did you lot sing about Alan Nichols or not? You know the answer as much as I do and you have a minority of sickos in your fan base like the rest of us.

manc grecian

I've no idea who he is. Nothing more boring than someone asking a question they already know the answer too.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sigh..

Stannos shirt was hardly a reason to get riled and makes argyle fans look pretty pathetic imho, it wasn't offensive.

Comparing this to some sickening chants is pretty far off the mark imho.

I love football fans whom dish it out so quickly but yet cannot take anything back.

Curley

Sigh..

Stannos shirt was hardly a reason to get riled and makes argyle fans look pretty pathetic imho, it wasn't offensive.

Comparing this to some sickening chants is pretty far off the mark imho.

I love football fans whom dish it out so quickly but yet cannot take anything back.
Personally I have no issue with JS celebration, I would rather have characters and a bit of banter exchanged than robots playing the game. However you lot always like to remind us of some of our sickos and the point I'm trying to get across is that you lot are no better in that regard as every fan base in the country has a minority of idiots, you're no different from the rest of us as proven by the Alan Nichols chants.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Personally I have no issue with JS celebration, I would rather have characters and a bit of banter exchanged than robots playing the game. However you lot always like to remind us of some of our sickos and the point I'm trying to get across is that you lot are no better in that regard as every fan base in the country has a minority of idiots, you're no different from the rest of us as proven by the Alan Nichols chants.
I agree. All football clubs have morons, neither of our clubs are free of that and never will be. I was also trying to get that point across.

No point is doing the tit for tat were more saintly than you approach on either side as both sets of fans have had some really embarrassing moments with chants over the years.

tavyred

Curley perhaps wilfully forgetting that when it comes to sick chants referencing a dead father to a young man actually playing on the pitch at the time is off the scale.
Now do yourself a favour Pr1ck and feck off!

grecIAN Harris

You didn't answer the question. Did you lot sing about Alan Nichols or not? You know the answer as much as I do and you have a minority of sickos in your fan base like the rest of us.
Yes I remember it, 25-30 years ago now. It's no excuse for it but different times now (society as a whole not just football) and I'm not so sure that it would sung now. Yes, we have a mentally challenged morons like every club but the difference between us and you is I bet your lot don't come up here fearing whether they'll get out in one piece like some of us do going down to Gnome Park (members on here have openly said it on here, I know my Ol' Man won't ). Most of us have experienced the 'welcome' we get down there, the atmosphere is always so much more tense down there than it is up here and why? Not because you have the morons, like I said every club has them, but the amount of morons you have and the manner they conduct themselves in.