• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani Brown

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hypothetical - if someone is on bail/released pending further investigation then it would be up to the club to decide if they should play or not, internal decision as you mentioned.

Will add, haven’t a clue what has happened and until I know the facts I won’t be commenting on it and others who ‘stoke the fire’ or speculate should just calm down and get back to the football on the grass.
Totally agree and I fail to understand why individuals on here and elsewhere on SM feel it necessary to make such sweeping statements founded purely on rumors and other’s conjectures and speculations.

StudentGrecian

Totally agree and I fail to understand why individuals on here and elsewhere on SM feel it necessary to make such sweeping statements founded purely on rumors and other’s conjectures and speculations.
It’s not wild speculation if the club has decided to remove him from the first team set up though. With Arthur, Nombe and Blackman they swept it under the carpet, something must be up to react in this way.

StudentGrecian

Hypothetical - if someone is on bail/released pending further investigation then it would be up to the club to decide if they should play or not, internal decision as you mentioned.

Will add, haven’t a clue what has happened and until I know the facts I won’t be commenting on it and others who ‘stoke the fire’ or speculate should just calm down and get back to the football on the grass.
Of course it is an internal decision, as was Nombe and Blackman. Some might suggest the inaction there, where there was actual video evidence, has put the club in a position where they can’t afford not to act in this situation.

Who handles HR these days for the club? Because it’s been a shower of ***** this year with Arthur, Nombe and Blackman. Honestly feels like they tried to get away with inexcusable stuff because either Arthur wasn’t high profile enough, or Nombe and Blackman were too vital to squad having just lost Taylor.

Last edited:

Cowshed Grecian

Of course it is an internal decision, as was Nombe and Blackman. Some might suggest the inaction there, where there was actual video evidence, has put the club in a position where they can’t afford not to act in this situation.

Who handles HR these days for the club? Because it’s been a shower of ***** this year with Arthur, Nombe and Blackman. Honestly feels like they tried to get away with inexcusable stuff because either Arthur wasn’t high profile enough, or Nombe and Blackman were too vital to squad having just lost Taylor.
It’s people like you commenting that’s adding fuel to the fire. We know he got arrested, the club have suspended him accordingly. I haven’t heard he’s been charged with anything have you? For all you and I know a female has made an accusation. Perhaps pipe down about it until we know the facts.

StudentGrecian

It’s people like you commenting that’s adding fuel to the fire. We know he got arrested, the club have suspended him accordingly. I haven’t heard he’s been charged with anything have you? For all you and I know a female has made an accusation. Perhaps pipe down about it until we know the facts.
I’ve applauded the club for their swift and decisive action in a previous post on this thread. My issue is that it hasn’t been consistent across the cases, which highlights a bigger problem.
What’s the difference with the Arthur situation? Very little apart from the profile of the player. Yet we’ve heard f all about it, HR have something to answer imo.

Cowshed Grecian

I’ve applauded the club for their swift and decisive action in a previous post on this thread. My issue is that it hasn’t been consistent across the cases, which highlights a bigger problem.
What’s the difference with the Arthur situation? Very little apart from the profile of the player. Yet we’ve heard f all about it, HR have something to answer imo.
I don’t see why the club are obliged to tell you/us? The players are only employees of the club. If they get themselves into the s*it off the field then it’s a legal/police matter?

StudentGrecian

I don’t see why the club are obliged to tell you/us? The players are only employees of the club. If they get themselves into the s*it off the field then it’s a legal/police matter?
Of course it is a police matter, I don’t want the club to speculate on the alleged offences. But we should have had similar statements for both Brown and Arthur no? What’s the difference between the two? The profile of the player is the only difference and it’s not right they were dealt with in different ways because of the player profile.
It is about consistency, HR need to be held accountable imo.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Of course it is a police matter, I don’t want the club to speculate on the allege.d offences. But we should have had similar statements for both Brown and Arthur no? What’s the difference between the two? The profile of the player is the only difference and it’s not right they were dealt with in different ways because of the player profile.
You are acting as judge and jury here. You state that Brown and Arthur's actions were similar so did you witness both incidents in person including the full context, the build up etc.? Or have you formed your opinion based on some snatches of mobile phone footage posted on twitter ? A very dangerous assumption to make, as evidenced on Match of the Day tonight. The was a mass melee in the match between Man U and Palace resulting in Casemiro being red carded for violent conduct which will result in an automatic three match ban. The VAR officials had brought a picture to the ref's attention which appeared to show Casemiro restraining Palace's Hughes by means of a choke hold around his neck. MOTD analysis showed footage from another angle which disproved this, and that in fact Casemiro was holding a grip on his shirt collar and was not in contact with his neck at all !
I would suggest that you leave judgement and sanctions to those who have access to greater knowledge of what has actually happened, rather than jumping to uninformed opinions.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
JB you bloody plonker. Missed him massively today - sounds like we better get used to it.
Yes, we missed Jevani but also worth remembering that even with him in the team we've been struggling to break down teams at home and haven't won a home game for 3 months.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Of course it is a police matter, I don’t want the club to speculate on the alleged offences. But we should have had similar statements for both Brown and Arthur no? What’s the difference between the two? The profile of the player is the only difference and it’s not right they were dealt with in different ways because of the player profile.
Perhaps it’s best you shut up until you have the facts. Your idle speculation about what the club and its employees have or haven’t done is doing no-one any favours and just highlights how little you know about the club, the players, the staff and internal and external procedures.