• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani Brown

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I voted for him player of the month and goal of the month
What happens if he wins
He has not been proven to be guilty or innocent so does he get the awards
I really doubt this matters that much right now to be fair. I don't think he'll be thinking "oh I hope I haven't blown my Exeter City goal of the Month chances"

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
He’ll certainly be awarded the own goal of the month.

manc grecian

What happens if he wins

You're looking at six months minimum

i8cornwall

What happens if he wins
Small print says that if the winner is unable to collect the award then Gary Woods gets it.

Personally I'm fine with that but if you're in the trust I'd raise a motion at the next AGM so Caprice gets 50% of prize and splits it with Gary Woods.

Hope that all helps.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
What happens if he wins
Think it’s fair to say that this is probably not at the top of the club / Jevani’s list of concerns just now.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Plenty of people have already referred to the provisions, but here is chapter and verse on 'assault by beating' from the Sentencing Council.

In particular for context is the 4th paragraph under the heading 'common assault'':-

''If violence is used in a common assault, it is called a battery and the perpetrator would be charged with assault by beating. This does not however mean that the victim was actually 'beaten up' or even hit or kicked- it could be that they were pushed, grabbed or spat at. The victim may not have suffered any physical injury, and if an injury was caused it would need to be quite minor to fall under common assault'

(
not forgetting that, at the moment, there are only allegations and nothing, absolutely nothing, has been proved)
I was reliably informed the minimum punishment is 150 per cent of the defendant’s weekly earnings. So, unwelcome as all this is, we could at least gain a reliable insight into the club’s wage structure!

Last edited:

kuznetsov

Is it worth quietly trying to get him to sign a 12-month extension now? ;)

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Firstly I apologise for the title - it was written in a different age, and in an entirely different context.
God forbid something should have been written in the past that doesn't sound right in the present !

You know the sort of thing like a joke for instance !

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is it worth quietly trying to get him to sign a 12-month extension now? ;)
I know it’s probably a tongue in cheek comment, but who knows, if he doesn’t end up serving any time and we stand by him once the legal stuff is concluded, he may find offers from elsewhere are sparse. He may just think it’s worth while him staying. But that’s a long way off, as things stand.

Antony Moxey

Football doesn’t give a toss about anything other than football. If Fred West knew how to hit top bins from 30 yards out he’d have had no shortage of offers.