• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani Brown

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
My man in court tells me the trial has been adjourned for administrative reasons without any pleas being made.

Looks like Jevani ain't gonna be back any time soon. :(

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Any idea why it was adjourned,

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Its usually due to the availability of court support staff (clerks etc).

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Its usually due to the availability of court support staff (clerks etc).
Possibly. But the fact that Jevani wasn't in attendance and didn't, therefore, enter a plea, suggests to me that the adjournment was foreseen and relates to something else.

denzel

Possibly. But the fact that Jevani wasn't in attendance and didn't, therefore, enter a plea, suggests to me that the adjournment was foreseen and relates to something else.
Which side requested the adjournment? Or was it the magistrate?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Poor for all concerned!
More like atrocious

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
An alleged victim....
Exactly but better leave it there remember the sub judice rules.

andrew p long

Which side requested the adjournment? Or was it the magistrate?
Whilst its a (very) long time since I had experience of the Magistrates Courts, it is utterly routine for the first appearance to be a complete non-event. You'll often get reports that the defendant spoke only to confirm his identity, and that the hearing took only 3 minutes. Having defendants, lawyers, police, CPS( and magistrates) turn up for these non events is often a significant waste of everybody's time. Presumably the defence want to see the evidence on which the prosecution base its case and that might not yet be ready.

Grecian2K

The magistrate's an Arg*le fan?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whilst its a (very) long time since I had experience of the Magistrates Courts, it is utterly routine for the first appearance to be a complete non-event. You'll often get reports that the defendant spoke only to confirm his identity, and that the hearing took only 3 minutes. Having defendants, lawyers, police, CPS( and magistrates) turn up for these non events is often a significant waste of everybody's time. Presumably the defence want to see the evidence on which the prosecution base its case and that might not yet be ready.
My thoughts too with regards the defence wanting to see the evidence on which the prosecution base its case.