• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani Brown

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exactly so would I . When Joey Barton was waiting for his court appearance did he get relieved by Rovers of his management duties? No . So get Jevani back in the squad . And yes he has been training
Barton pleaded not guilty. Speaking purely hypothetically, it's a rather different situation if the person who's been charged is intending to admit their guilt, in which case the innocent-until-proven-gulity card doesn't really come into play.

wiveygrecian

Barton pleaded not guilty. Speaking purely hypothetically, it's a rather different situation if the person who's been charged is intending to admit their guilt, in which case the innocent-until-proven-gulity card doesn't really come into play.
Should still be playing imo

haka

Really disappointing that several comments relate not to any legal or ethical issue but simply to a player's quality. Thank goodness the club have a better understanding of precedent and consequences. Imagine a future news story:

"My client should be allowed to play, just like a previous employee of the club, so why can't he?"
"Because he's a rubbish full back who we'd happily offload to Torquay".

Good luck arguing that in court.

wiveygrecian

Really disappointing that several comments relate not to any legal or ethical issue but simply to a player's quality. Thank goodness the club have a better understanding of precedent and consequences. Imagine a future news story:

"My client should be allowed to play, just like a previous employee of the club, so why can't he?"

We want Jevani back! Will be starting that song up on Saturday mate !

jrg333

Imagine a future news story:
I'm imagining an alternative:

"My sister got punched by Exeter's star player. He should be suspended for the Devon derby while an investigation is carried out."
Yours sincerely, Plymouth Argyle fan.

Bat Fastard

I’d argue the principle of being innocent until proven guilty is a legal issue. It’s not just the quality of jevani either - nombes looked a lot less threatening since all this happened as well

haka

I’d argue the principle of being innocent until proven guilty is a legal issue.
Previously answered at #335.

cambmike

Should still be playing imo
There is another issue that probably would have deserved a suspension - Jevani was out at 2 in the morning ..........

wiveygrecian

There is another issue that probably would have deserved a suspension - Jevani was out at 2 in the morning ..........
Suspension served then he’s missed 3 games! Back to it Jev !

Number13

Difference is that the manager just wouldn't pick the rubbish full back but would pick Jevani

Surely the club know how he will plead? If he is going to plead not guilty and go to trial then he can play as he's innocent until proven guilty