• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani Brown

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exactly this! the only one I have from memory is the Danny Coles scenario and we ended up releasing him for his misdemeanor so was that snow flake too? or is it because Coles was mostly s***e it's okay we released him it doesn't matter if your a poor player only top players escape the law??

Club did the right things regardless with the Brown scenario and I stand by that,I like many hope this trial comes back clear and he's a city player again if not WE MOVE ON..

edit: In June 2014, he was disciplined by Exeter over offensive comments he made on Twitter. The tweet in question was Coles' response to a tweet he had been sent, with his response including two expletives.[31] He was fined two weeks' wages by Exeter, stripped of the captaincy and transfer-listed by the club.
Not wanting to put words into the mouth of Red Red (so unsnowflake they named him twice), but I'd wager that he'd defend the Danny Coles decision because the tweet was aimed at a fan. And hurting a fans feelings is far more serious than an actual crime against a non fan, because fans are very sensitive snowflakes really, aren't they?

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
By that count I expect you always supported Argyle's decision to play Luke 'served his time' McCormick?
References to McCormick are totally unnecessary and irrevelevant. What have the actions of Argyle got to do with this, and leaving two children dead and a parent paraplegic is in no way comparable !

C j phill

This is one hell of a statement by the players. I can see Nombe and Blackman both staying if that statement about Brown staying is true. If nothing else this shows a unity between the players.
Unless Sam Nombe signs a contract extension before the start of next season, I'd imagine the best financial outcome for the Club will be to sell him in the close season, otherwise it will risk losing out on a significant transfer fee at the end of 2023/24. As an aside, I dont recall reading or hearing what injury he currently has, that is keeping him out of the team.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
References to McCormick are totally unnecessary and irrevelevant. What have the actions of Argyle got to do with this, and leaving two children dead and a parent paraplegic is in no way comparable !
It's not unnecessary or irrelevant. And clearly I'm not claiming that the crimes are even remotely in the same ballpark, but...

A section of our support were outraged that a man who had felt the full force of our country's justice system was allowed to play for Argyle. Some of that same support are outraged that one of our players who is pending judgement should be played at all costs.

The crimes are poles apart, but I have a nagging sense that for many supporters it's the club crests on those players shirts that are the primary influence on their stance.

There will be Argyle supports 'outraged' at Jevani winning this award because they have exactly the same tribal blind spot.

Last edited:

Leads

It's not unnecessary or irrelevant. And clearly I'm not claiming that the crimes are even remotely in the same ballpark, but...

A section of our support were outraged that a man who had felt the full force of our country's justice system was allowed to play for Argyle. Some of that same support are outraged that one of our players who is pending judgement should be played at all costs.

The crimes are poles apart, but I have a nagging sense that for many supporters it's the club crests on those players shirts that are the primary influence on their stance.

There will be Argyle supports 'outraged' at Jevani winning this award because they have exactly the same tribal blind spot.
Couldn’t have put it any better…

I would be very interested to see the vote breakdown! My guess would be that it would have been fairly split, there hasn’t been a stand out player as evidenced by Sweeney winning Supporters’ player of the season (he’s been good overall but hardly standout imo). I can envisage a scenario where Brown has got 4/5 votes and that was enough. I could of course be talking nonsense and there was some coordinated action behind the scenes to try and secure him victory…

CityTillIDie

Feel free to delete this if not appropriate, but this is taken off the award picture city uploaded of jevani on Instagram.
BB621160-C9B1-44B6-B14F-BB0B6C41804D.png

Antony Moxey

As an aside from what's written above, I always wonder about 'I do not condone violence of any type especially towards women'. Why especially?

Grecian Max

Looks like his mum? Should she be saying things like that in the public domain during an ongoing court case?

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like his mum? Should she be saying things like that in the public domain during an ongoing court case?
This is even worse than when Matt Grimes mummy asked Leeds supporters to stop being mean to him on Twitter.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
No she shouldn't.