• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Joel Nouble - New Striker?

Bat Fastard

At least the bloke should be a target man. Hope we haven’t spent over 200k though as that goal return is poor at best

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
In fairness right now 02/03 Sean McCarthy and Steve Flack would be a step forward for us.

cityfan47

It isn't the most reassuring striker signing but him and one of those goal scoring national league youngsters and I'm more than happy.

Radio Free Skaro

Saw him play a couple of times for Aldershot...He is a great big lump (not very mobile) but would give us a bit of physical presence..If the fee mentioned is anywhere near correct I would be surprised. Orient a more likely destination (East End boy)
Heskey-esque

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Heskey-esque
Just need to find an Owen-esque partner for him and we’re laughing then.

tonykellowfan

I don't remember anyone moaning when Stockley signed, great signing.

Nombe was an unknown quantity but he was young, played for a L1 club and was on loan in the Championship and then sigend for us in L2.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you watch the videos rather than just read the stats he looks like something we need

Quite a varied player - can hold up the ball, very strong, brings others into it

But also has very good feet, quick and drop back to receive the ball before running at defenders

I think he would be a good signing

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster

Nombe was an unknown quantity but he was young, played for a L1 club and was on loan in the Championship and then sigend for us in L2.
To be fair, there was a bit of moaning about Stockley second time round. People didn't want Reuben Reid dropped and couldn't see how they play together. But I'm being pedantic.

Bridgy 81

I think Bowman was only a bit younger when we signed him than Nouble is now.
And we paid a fee for Bowman too as far as I remember.
He did ok for us, albeit in League Two, which got him a move to League One.
If we do sign Nouble I suppose it’s one of those that we’ll not be anticipating a financial profit on and it’ll be interesting to see the length of his contract.
18 months with an extra year option in our favour I’d imagine.

yticretexe

Watched a couple games. Looked better as a LW than he does as a 9. Looks like he’d struggle up top on his own and doesn’t work very hard so can’t see him chasing balls. We’d need people overlapping him or playing Cox alongside him.

decent passer of the ball and looked to play balls in the channels for wingers to run onto but doesn’t get himself into the box after.

strong and the ball seems to stick to his feet.

slow to get going but seems quick enough once up to speed. Didn’t get the impression he was lightening fast.