• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last Band you saw

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes, thankfully my better half lives a 20 min walk away so we strolled in from there. Car parks rammed, cars abandoned all over the shop in the side of the dual carriageways, despite the residential streets 1/2 mile away being empty.

Once inside the bars were terrible, massive queues and the main one inside the arena lost the ability to take payments while royal blood were on.

Then people took hours getting out the car park.

Thankfully the music was great and the walk there and back was lovely so I thought it was a cracking evening!!
I have work friends that weren't so lucky as they live further away. The things you describe there ruined it for them.

Bridgy 81

Yes, thankfully my better half lives a 20 min walk away so we strolled in from there. Car parks rammed, cars abandoned all over the shop in the side of the dual carriageways, despite the residential streets 1/2 mile away being empty.

Once inside the bars were terrible, massive queues and the main one inside the arena lost the ability to take payments while royal blood were on.

Then people took hours getting out the car park.

Thankfully the music was great and the walk there and back was lovely so I thought it was a cracking evening!!
They’re not used to handling big crowds at Stadium MK!
My sister-in-law used to live within walking distance of the ground too, so I used her house as base camp if I was going to watch City play there.
Never had any trouble with the side of the crowd on those occasions!

Colesman Ballz

They’re not used to handling big crowds at Stadium MK!
My sister-in-law used to live within walking distance of the ground too, so I used her house as base camp if I was going to watch City play there.
Never had any trouble with the side of the crowd on those occasions!
? ? ? The gig was at MK Bowl, not MK Stadium Shirley ? A common denominator in Winkleman though.

Bridgy 81

? ? ? The gig was at MK Bowl, not MK Stadium Shirley ? A common denominator in Winkleman though.
Ah, fair enough.
I went to The Bowl back in 1983 to see David Bowie on his Serious Moonlight Tour.
Great stuff.

Colesman Ballz

Ah, fair enough.
I went to The Bowl back in 1983 to see David Bowie on his Serious Moonlight Tour.
Great stuff.
Me too ! Had to accommodate the polite request from a young lass who asked if she could sit on my shoulders for "Let's Dance" :)

Swanaldo

"Only if I can face away from the stage"

Colesman Ballz

"Only if I can face away from the stage"
You might wish to think that but I couldn't possibly comment ! :cool:

angelic upstart

Seeing Pulp at Finsbury Park tomorrow, supported by Wet Leg and Baxter Dury, plus someone else. Can’t wait.
How was it?

fred binneys head

Awesome, really, really brilliant.

Started with Exotic Gardens who was a DJ playing ambient reggae that I really liked.

Then Baxter Dury whose music I like and who is a showman like his dad. He put on a great show.

Then Wet Leg who were fantastic, great voice and tight musicianship. The crowd went off for them too, it was fab.

Then the main event, Pulp. Jarvis was superb, he’s always been a showman and a funny conversationalist but he was on top form on Saturday. The music was superb, the band played great and they had an orchestra with them, the lighting and backdrops were amazing and Jarvis’s voice was fantastic.

Best songs: This is hardcore, I spy, Weeds

Best bundles: Disco 2000, Babies

We were right in the middle of the mosh pit near the front, I was ****** after 2 songs but we kept going, it was an incredible experience, took me back 20 years. I’ve seen Pulp a number of times and that was probably the best they’ve been.

fred binneys head

1688576153518.png