• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last Band you saw

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
1688576235698.png

fred binneys head

1688576279878.png

fred binneys head

Just a few pics taken by my wife on Saturday, to give you a flavour of the gig.

Bridgy 81

Screenshot_20230705-183847.png
Nice photos FBH.
And you've given me an excuse to post this one.
Me (circled) at Gary Numan's recent set at Bearded Theory Festival.
This was one of the official festival photos - so they must have wanted one with me in it!
I’m the bald one by the way (back of my head as seen in various Senior Reds’ Meeting photos).

Last edited:

Rosencrantz

View attachment 11968
Nice photos FBH.
And you've given me an excuse to post this one.
Me (circled) at Gary Numan's recent set at Bearded Theory Festival.
This was one of the official festival photos - so they must have wanted one with me in it!
I’m the bald one by the way (back of my head as seen in various Senior Reds’ Meeting photos).
I'd recognise those ears anywhere 😉

Bridgy 81

I'd recognise those ears anywhere 😉
Like it.
I do have very attractive ears (amongst others things!).

angelic upstart

Like it.
I do have very attractive ears (amongst others things!).
I was once described by a girl I was after as having "perfect ears" which in normal circumstances would be a compliment (I guess) regrettably, for me at least, this was the only body part she'd seen that seen that she was impressed with and it was aimed at denting my confidence. Naturally, it was just a matter of mere seconds of my persuader (remember them?) -esque patter and natural charm and I'd moved on with my life.

Anyway, back on topic, Conflict at the cavern in a few days. I expect them to be rubbish, but I love that shouty punk stuff. For various reason I had to miss the levellers, selector, black grape , Pete and diesel and Goldie looking chain in Bristol a few days back. Apparently was very good.

Bridgy 81

After seeing (and enjoying) Hollywood Vampires at the AO Arena in Manchester last Saturday I’ve been planning a few more musical outings, but a lot closer to home and on a much smaller scale.
In fact, I have three lined up at pub/venue just a ten minute walk from my house on three consecutive evenings!
One of them is Rhoda Dakar.
She was vocalist in The Bodysnatchers back in the day and collaborated with several other 2-Tone bands.
This gig and one of the other three is sponsored by Music Venue Trust and The National Lottery with the aim of supporting small grassroots music venues.
One aspect of this is that the tickets are available on a buy one get one free deal.
So, Mrs Bridgy and I will be swaying along to beat for just £17.50 all in.
Bargain.
I can’t persuade her to join me on the other two evenings though, as those bands aren’t her cup of tea.

Swanaldo

The Wonder Stuff last night in Southampton.

Absolutely stonking. You wouldn't believe that Miles Hunt is pushing 60, he sounds as good as ever.

Left the venue soaked in sweat and grinning like a loon. Ears still ringing now. Magnificent stuff.

angelic upstart

The Wonder Stuff last night in Southampton.

Absolutely stonking. You wouldn't believe that Miles Hunt is pushing 60, he sounds as good as ever.

Left the venue soaked in sweat and grinning like a loon. Ears still ringing now. Magnificent stuff.
I trust you weren't stood behind a man with the longest neck in the world this time?