• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last Band you saw

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
View attachment 15722
This more or less sums up Drownload thus far. Thank god we’re not camping but instead in a van.

The Offspring were epic yesterday and scratched an itch to see them since I was about 12, Fallout Boy were also ace as were QOTSA, The struts and Black Stoke Cherry.

One I didn’t get the gist of was Polyphia, instrumental band with no singing, very skilled musicians but didnt really work for me.

Today we have more mud, Limp Bizkit, Sum41 and Hoobastank, then we’re debating watching Avenegd Sevenfold or bugging out to watch the football.
I’d definitely give A7 a miss, whether there was football to watch or not. Sound like you’ve seen some good ‘uns though, be a shame to spoil the weekend with A7.

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
View attachment 15722
This more or less sums up Drownload thus far. Thank god we’re not camping but instead in a van.

The Offspring were epic yesterday and scratched an itch to see them since I was about 12, Fallout Boy were also ace as were QOTSA, The struts and Black Stoke Cherry.

One I didn’t get the gist of was Polyphia, instrumental band with no singing, very skilled musicians but didnt really work for me.

Today we have more mud, Limp Bizkit, Sum41 and Hoobastank, then we’re debating watching Avenegd Sevenfold or bugging out to watch the football.
Enjoy Limp Bizkit. Bloody love 'em me. They're still going strong. Wes Boreland is a monster player.

Mid Devon Grecian

Simple Minds last night at The Wyldes near Bude. Still got it, superb performance although Jim’s voice starting to weaken. Played all the big tunes.

Love the Wyldes, so chilled and great rural setting.

Bridgy 81

I saw Rodrigo y Gabriela in Bristol earlier.
They both certainly know how to handle a guitar.
It was a busy evening up there music wise.
Besides the show I went to at The Beacon Gentleman’s Dub Club and The Skints were at The Harbourside and Kings of Leon were at Ashton Gate.
I was still home though enjoying a cup of tea and a biscuit before midnight.
I just need to think of a way of avoiding the ULEZ charge next time.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
I saw Rodrigo Y Gabriela supporting Muse years ago and they were excellent.

On Friday I went to see Taylor Swift on her opening night at Wembley. I have to admit it was an incredible night and she went on for ~3.5hrs non stop with the singalong songs.

On to Foo Fighters this Thursday at Villa Park.

Bridgy 81

I saw Rodrigo Y Gabriela supporting Muse years ago and they were excellent.

On Friday I went to see Taylor Swift on her opening night at Wembley. I have to admit it was an incredible night and she went on for ~3.5hrs non stop with the singalong songs.

On to Foo Fighters this Thursday at Villa Park.
I like Foo Fighters too and saw them at Manchester City’s stadium way back in 2008.
My only visits to date to Villa Park were even further back and for very different types of football occasions.
In 2001 I watched Taunton Town beat Berkhamsted to win the F.A. Vase and I was there in 1983 to see Aston Villa play Juventus in the European Cup.
Villa were reigning champions but lost on the night to a side comprising of the majority of the Italian team who’d won the World Cup the previous year i.e. Zoff, Gentile, Scirea, Cabrini, Tardelli, Bettaga and Rossi plus a couple at the time of the permitted non-national makeweights i.e. Michel Platini and Zbigniew Boniek!

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm going to see avril lavigne in Cardiff next Tuesday and the manic street preachers and suede the following week in Edinburgh. I shall report back with my thoughts. The last act I saw was tom meighan at the exeter phoenix a couple of years ago.

Bridgy 81

I'm going to see avril lavigne in Cardiff next Tuesday and the manic street preachers and suede the following week in Edinburgh. I shall report back with my thoughts. The last act I saw was tom meighan at the exeter phoenix a couple of years ago.
The Manic Street Preachers were Foo Fighters support when I saw them as mentioned above in 2008.
I drive into Wales quite frequently and often glance over towards the old bridge and wonder what happened to Richey Edwards.
His car was found abandoned there after he disappeared in 1995 but nothing conclusive in relation to his whereabouts has ever been established.
Although he was unfortunately legally declared ‘presumed dead’ in 2008.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Manic Street Preachers were Foo Fighters support when I saw them as mentioned above in 2008.
I drive into Wales quite frequently and often glance over towards the old bridge and wonder what happened to Richey Edwards.
His car was found abandoned there after he disappeared in 1995 but nothing conclusive in relation to his whereabouts has ever been established.
A great band, IMO. The Holy Bible is still a chilling but awesome listen. Probably the album of theirs that I revisit most regularly.

Remember seeing them at Westpoint in 1998 - Catatonia were meant to support but Cerys had laryngitis, so they pulled out.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
I saw them twice. First time supporting bon Jovi in Milton Keynes bowl when richey was still with them. The second time was in 98 at Westpoint. Brilliant both times.