• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

corleone

The Godfather 10/10

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Driving Lessons.

A shy London teenager is desperate to escape from the clutches of his over religious mother. He finally gets his chance with the help of an ageing ex actress who whisks him off to Scotland, learning on the way to drive, dance. and pick up girls. 6/10

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Two films of fairly similar ilk.

The Road. Now this is as bleak as they come. It's a tough watch. I continued watching in the hope of some light at the end of the tunnel. It does eventually come. Kind of. 6/10

We Need to Talk About Kevin. Another film I got drawn into watching until the bitter end waiting for the punchline, which, when it does come, is a bit of a let down. 5/10

Antony Moxey

Payback. Mel Gibson and his best bud carry out a robbery but the bud double crosses Mel and has it away with the loot. Mel seeks revenge and ends up taking out everyone from those who know his ex best bud right up to the head honcho himself.

Bit daft in that he's now apparently the hardest bloke in the world after getting done over by his rather girlyish ex best bud, but it's good enough late night fare when you're bored with Sky Sports news telling you how brilliant the Champions League is every five seconds. 6/10

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Other Woman.

After discovering her boyfriend is married, the woman meets the wife he's been cheating on. A third affair is soon discovered and the three girls then plan his downfall.

It's pretty tedious at first and only comes to life when you reach the scene in the restaurant where the wife puts a fast acting laxative in his drink. 7.5/10

mammooman

A few recently, not overly impressed with any of them.

Joe. Nic Cage plays a chap who takes on a lad and his father as part of his work force. The father is a useless wreck. The lad is on the verge of adulthood and has nothing but bad role models around him, Cage takes him under his wing, whether he wants to or not. So yea, it bumbles along as you'd expect it to. Nothing special.

Robocop. On one part it's an easy to watch put your feet up and watch the bullet fly type action flick. On the other, despite the pretty cool effects and Robocop 'coolness' it's a bit gash.

Red Lion

The Wolf on Wall Street.

Another one which didn't quite live up to the massive hype imho. Yes, funny in parts and certainly worthy of a watch, but to me there wasn't enough depth to the plot. It was more about snorting coke and quaffing 'ludes, rather than detail behind the money. But then I guess that's what the general public want. Can't quite work out how the feds and SEC were all over him, but Bernie Madoff was overlooked for the longest time despite several people broadcasting it was a Ponzi scheme long before it was.

I watched it at my Cousin's house a few weeks back and completely enjoyed it. We were all fairly slaughtered mind!

Seen lots of films since I last posted on this thread, but the most memorable, for all the wrong reasons, was 'Flash Gordon'.

I'm sure I must have seen it in 1980 when it came out, but luckily for me I seem to have obliterated it from my mind.

It was on the box and I taped it for my lads, purely because on the film 'Ted' (Seth Macfarlane film) the main characters rave about the film 'Flash Gordon'. The lead role (Sam North?) plays a part in 'Ted'

Flash Gordon is an anagram of cack. 0/10

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

The secret life of Walter Mitty. Bimbling through life going from one day dream fantasy to the next, Ben Stiller finally gets to go on a real life adventure when he needs to track down a photographer to help find a missing negative. Doesn't sound much of a storyline and it isn't really that much of an adventure, plus the day dreaming sequences in the first part of the film are more than a little annoying, but whatever, surprisingly none of that detracts from what is really a rather good film. Don't expect too much, just sit back and enjoy. 8/10

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Senna.

Good documentary. Lots of action and well put together - it's amazing how much more you learn about sporting events when you look back on them after a few years, getting different sides of the story (rather than instantaneous 24 hour rolling Sky Sports News reports).

crocks

We are the Millers

Saw this on the plane flying back from South Africa and then watched it again at home a couple of days later. A small time drug dealer, whilst helping out his nerdy neighbour, gets robbed and then owes the main drug dealer money. To repay the debt, he is asked to travel to Mexico to pick up a "smidgeon" of weed and then get it back to Denver. He decides to hire an RV and recruits and instant family (wife = striper, daughter = disaffected teenager, son = nerdy neighbour) to help with the deception of being a squeeky clean all American family on vacation.

Quite simply the funniest film I have seen in a while. 9.5/10