• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Latest Club News..

Agent Andy

Would rather the money go into our supposedly non existent budget or club physio which we havnt got yet 🤷🏻‍♂️

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would rather the money go into our supposedly non existent budget or club physio which we havnt got yet 🤷🏻‍♂️
Are all three on the payroll or do they just get 'expenses'?

Bridgy 81

These sound interesting appointments.
I’m familiar with both Graham Barrow and Malcolm Crosby and it’s sensible to use the remote type of working described in the article when the job roles and current location of the people lends itself to it.
Both being based in the North means that Graham can watch a lot of our forthcoming opponents in person and relay his thoughts to Gary and his team virtually.
Malcolm can do similar in relation to scouting players where it’s difficult for our Exeter based staff to do in person.
I assume these are probably part time positions so hopefully won’t dent the budget significantly.
I’ve not heard of Jon Pitts but a quick online check appears to indicate he’s based in Taunton and it sounds like his input is sessional.
It’s incredible the amount of and continuing turnover in our non-playing staff this season though.
I hope we continue to do well on the pitch and with his newly created back room team Gary is given the time we’ve afforded other recent Managers to properly implement his plans.
If not (which admittedly is unlikely) and they all leave with him, we’ll be looking for volunteers on here to fill key roles at the club.
There’s a thought.

Bridgy 81

I know there’s been a massive turnover in our back room staff recently, which has been difficult to keep up with, but I thought I’d seen an article and photograph somewhere of a physiotherapist who’d joined us in some capacity since Gareth’s departure.
I’ve looked back on the club’s website but can’t find it.
Perhaps what I think I saw was inaccurate, whoever it referred to was temporary or I never really saw it at all!

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Three new staff appointments announced :

Personally I like and would support these appointments. GC seems to understand the club structure and is looking at ways to push us forward in a tough environment. I commend him for that.

I'm confident, if not already sorted, the physio issue will soon be resolved.

Antony Moxey

When we signed the Newcastle chap the other day the video showed him doing a few exercises in the medical room. Was that not the physio overseeing that?

iscalad

When we signed the Newcastle chap the other day the video showed him doing a few exercises in the medical room. Was that not the physio overseeing that?
Max Kane?

Grecianpasty

Those guys are hardly going to break the bank. Working remotely on a part time basis, I can't see them earning more than 2k a month, if that.

Agent Andy

Max Kane is not the physio he’s the strength and conditioning coach , as far as I’m aware we havnt got a qualified physio as yet .
I just feel we need experienced players in certain positions as a priority . That couple of grand could go towards keeping Archie or a back up keeper so Harry could go out on loan and gain vital experience.
If all of a sudden were flush with cash then ignore this post .

Bridgy 81

I think that was Sam Alfieri.
He’s been around for a while and is I think in the physio team but he’s not our physio as far as I know.
Rather strangely and it bit unhelpfully on our website against the name of each of our backroom staff it just says, Backroom Staff.
It even says that against Gary Caldwell but I’m fairly sure he’s the Manager.