• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I guess near a Motorway (Like a lot of new stadiums) its not in the town centre clogging them up with football traffic, Of course he's a businessman wanting to make money but like it or not (The jury's still out with me on this) we're going down this "Green Route" and he's getting in at the start, TBH what is wrong with making money?
Nothing at all wrong about making money, I'd like some more please.

And if you can make money by being genuinely environmentally benign, even better. But this is nothing of the sort, it's a reasonably decent project which is probably viable without all the green evangelising, dressed up as something it isn't really, to gain support and look good.

It's that little word beginning "hyp" and ending with "ocrisy" that galls me.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nothing at all wrong about making money, I'd like some more please.

And if you can make money by being genuinely environmentally benign, even better. But this is nothing of the sort, it's a reasonably decent project which is probably viable without all the green evangelising, dressed up as something it isn't really, to gain support and look good.

It's that little word beginning "hyp" and ending with "ocrisy" that galls me.
To me Vince is doing it in a way that fits the 21st Century, If people want to be totally environmentally then they have to live a life pre industrial revolution times, Living totally off the land, Not travelling, Make and eat things from nature etc but that is virtually impossible to do and we're not in those times and i believe that you can't ban or "dis-invent" what's around us nowadays, You use science to use stuff as green as you possibly can and he's trying to do that. Call it hypocrisy if you like but make a stand and don't attend games involving FGR (Home or Away) The stadium is not even bulit yet so judge it more when it is and i'm sure there will be a study on the enviromental impact of it when it is, I'd thought Gloustershire Council have already done this when granting planning permission for it.

older-codger

Must be using tonnes of wood - where is it coming from? The Brazilian rain forest? And how will it be fireproofed?

Ash

Surely we're above celebrating a young player being injured? Even if it is Argyle..?
Nope.

Oldsmobile-88

Must be using tonnes of wood - where is it coming from? The Brazilian rain forest? And
how will it be fireproofed?
Asbestos cladding ? 😎

It all seems odd...Great publicity for Dale Vince & Ecotricity, no doubt that’s the real aim.

dontpassback

Well if it’s easier to reach than their current abdomination,I’m all for it !

fred binneys head

Well if it’s easier to reach than their current abdomination,I’m all for it !
I can’t stomach FGR either.

grecIAN Harris

Village Green Rovers........ the next Rubbish and Dustbins. A star that shone briefly before disappearing into the ether.

Fareham Grecian

I can’t stomach FGR either.
Underrated post.

tom_ecfc

What is wrong with the current over capacity stadium they current have?

Status
Not open for further replies.