• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why are they not allowed to bring in a replacement?
Because they have one on their books.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
They can only bring in a player who is out of contract.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
because its outside the transfer window (and they currently don't meet the criteria for an emergency goalkeeper loan, as they stilll have a senior keeper available on the books)

Rosencrantz

They have second choice keeper Callum Burton fit and ready whilst Cooper and Adam Parkes are both injured. Parkes had been on loan at Plymouth Parkway when he got injured, hence why Parkway now have Harry Lee.

As Argyle have a professional keeper available, they cannot bring in an emergency loan. Professional, in the case of the emergency loan rule, means any keeper who has been named in the starting eleven five times or more in a league or cup game (trophy games not included), or an equivalent professional league during his career. That is why we could bring in Jokull as Harry Lee, despite being on a pro contract, isn't considered "professional" under those rules.

denzel

So its fine then, they have a perfectly competent keeper on their books, I doubt it will cost them too many games

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I may be in a minority of one here, but I find all the anti-argyle stuff quite childish. "Stand up if you hate argyle", well no actually I don't hate them and in fact I couldn't care less about them.

So what if they don't like us? People are seriously celebrating because a young player has suffered a season ending injury? Have a look in the mirror please.
We are probably both in the minority and I totally agree with all you have said.

Also hate is a very strong word and an emotion which is self destructive and ends up destroying the hater.

iscalad

I may be in a minority of one here, but I find all the anti-argyle stuff quite childish. "Stand up if you hate argyle", well no actually I don't hate them and in fact I couldn't care less about them.

So what if they don't like us? People are seriously celebrating because a young player has suffered a season ending injury? Have a look in the mirror please.
The haters are a big minority

Rosencrantz

A sad moment for a very good defender.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Despite their 'green' credentials and plans for a wooden stadium, this does appear to be a bit of a greenfield site looking at this picture

Status
Not open for further replies.