• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
You often find it the opposition screaming for the ball to be kicked out unsurprisingly if their player is down,then want the ball back which causes friction if that does not happen.

I recall at Macclesfield last season when a home player was down the Grecians listening to the baying crowd put the ball out.Macc did not give it back from the resulting throw in.
A few fans were going mad but I said ‘why should they’ they were fighting for their lives at the foot of the table.

The game managed without that trait for 100 plus years.

Grecian2K

I would be fully in favour if Exeter did this.
I seem to recall that our third (?) goal in our legendary demolition of Newcastle back in 1981 owed a lot to a Barcode's player being prostate in his own area while we played on!

Oldsmobile-88

I seem to recall that our third (?) goal in our legendary demolition of Newcastle back in 1981 owed a lot to a Barcode's player being prostate in his own area while we played on!
Indeed..He played everyone onside.It was called hard luck...The referees would probably stop the game in this day & age.

andrew p long

Blimey. EFL now threatening to expel Bury from the League.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lots of interesting results elsewhere. Highly fancied Bradford, Scunthorpe and Mansfield have all yet to win; supposedly dreadful Macclesfield won and supposedly invincible Salford lost to Crawley.

les.gtfc

Lots of interesting results elsewhere. Highly fancied Bradford, Scunthorpe and Mansfield have all yet to win; supposedly dreadful Macclesfield won and supposedly invincible Salford lost to Crawley.

Bradford were disappointing today. We were the better team and deserved the 3 points. Also had a goal disallowed today too. Quite happy with our start to the season made all the better by seeing who's currently bottom! :)

Colesman Ballz

Bradford were disappointing today. We were the better team and deserved the 3 points. Also had a goal disallowed today too. Quite happy with our start to the season made all the better by seeing who's currently bottom! :)
Yes renaming their stadium doesn't seem to given them a fresh impetus ! If the Mariners keep this up you may have to watch out for nose bleeds !

Banksy

Blimey. EFL now threatening to expel Bury from the League.
Let’s be brutal , who cares. They were promoted under false pretences last season and at the expense of another club who perhaps were managing their affairs fairly and above board.Just suppose it had been us who lost out for instance.
If the go it will make for another promotion place , maybe us , so nuts to them.

STURTZ

Let’s be brutal , who cares. They were promoted under false pretences last season and at the expense of another club who perhaps were managing their affairs fairly and above board.Just suppose it had been us who lost out for instance.
If the go it will make for another promotion place , maybe us , so nuts to them.
Considering GAWS could be the "other" club (they needn't have been relegated), I don't begrudge Bury their promotion at all, not as if Slime haven't benefitted from Bury's demise.

les.gtfc

Yes renaming their stadium doesn't seem to given them a fresh impetus ! If the Mariners keep this up you may have to watch out for nose bleeds !
Yeah, be nice for us both to be unbeaten when we meet at the end of next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.