• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One - 2023/24

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thought I'd post this info here for those not on X

20240426_153156.png20240426_155843.png20240426_155846.png20240426_155849.png20240426_155915.png20240426_155943.png20240426_155956.png20240426_160002.png20240426_160010.png

!luke!

I'm slightly surprised Forest Green and Cambridge have higher revenue than us despite their lower attendances, is that lots of off field income like corporate facilities or just owners putting funding in with sponsorship etc?
The other quite amazing figures are Ipswich spending £8m on player purchases whilst in league 1, i don't recall many multi mullion transfers?
And Fleetwood having £33m of borrowing. The club quite clearly don't have assets close to that value, I'm assuming its payable to their owner but clearly not sustainable. For them to be in league 2 next year hardly seems worth it.

It does show what a challenge it is competing at this level against every other team that can report losses year after year to further outspend what we can afford y self funding with our own revenue.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Level playing field...NOT

Leads

I hate to say it... but Plymouth winning the league against the backdrop of those figures was a pretty good effort.

Looking forward to them trying all over again in a couple of month's time :LOL:

Mid Devon Grecian

Some startling numbers there. I think our situation has forced us to be more imaginative and focused which isn’t a bad thing. You’d have to say some of those other clubs will have wasted millions of pounds they don’t have. We can’t do that so squeeze every drop we can out of our meagre budget.

Would rather be us than e.g. Cambridge/Shrewsbury

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some startling numbers there. I think our situation has forced us to be more imaginative and focused which isn’t a bad thing. You’d have to say some of those other clubs will have wasted millions of pounds they don’t have. We can’t do that so squeeze every drop we can out of our meagre budget.

Would rather be us than e.g. Cambridge/Shrewsbury
Guess we must have been the top performing truly Fan Owned club for a few seasons now ?

Mid Devon Grecian

Guess we must have been the top performing truly Fan Owned club for a few seasons now ?
Other than Wimbledon are there any other fan owned clubs in the EFL?

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Other than Wimbledon are there any other fan owned clubs in the EFL?
I don't think so but at least one Exewebber will find a club somewhere !

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
It does show what a challenge it is competing at this level against every other team that can report losses year after year to further outspend what we can afford y self funding with our own revenue.
A fascinating set of graphs there.
1. In terms of finance available by any metric (apart from the most important one - THE LEAGUE TABLE) we should have been nailed on to be plying our trade in L2 this year rather than battling for a top half L1 spot
2. Perhaps even more pleasing is to be the ONLY team in the league to have returned an actual profit, however miniscule. Bit puzzled by our "loans" though (albeit small). I believed that we still had to be totally self-financed?
3. Above all it does show the huge potential financial cost of even entering the next level. (Sorry here to offend any of our resident dreamers). But, even more the longer term burden you're left with if/when you slip back down again. Just ask those "giants" like Bolton/ Charlton/ Derby for example (and even Sheffield W who, though they bought brief success are quite likely to return next year )
Got to say Ipswich and even 🤢Argiggle managed their elevations without undue profligacy.
4. Be interesting to see comparable stats for L2 and/or the Champ.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
285k in borrowings it says. Is that money the club owes/owed the Trust perhaps