• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One - 2023/24

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I do believe that is what happens, it's happened a few times at away grounds.
Admit it Hants, You just look like a trouble maker! :)

denzel

Looking at Celtic etc you have to wonder if there are different rules there, and whether the authorities are bothered about it in Scotland

Grecian Max

Looking at Celtic etc you have to wonder if there are different rules there, and whether the authorities are bothered about it in Scotland
Arguably even tougher up there, especially with attempts with the "Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012" which tried and failed to criminalise football fans under the banner of acting against Sectarianism and the mission creep that inevitably followed (police overstepping). Repealed after major pushback and protests in 2018.

Difference is the mentality - organised fans who know when and how to get away with it and having each others backs.

Got to a point up there now where the scales have tipped for the police whereby there's so much going off their time is better spent with other things.

You take in a game at Scotland and the boisterous sections regularly let off pyro whilst the old boys and bedwetters sit and get on with things elsewhere.

Grecian Max

Can you have pyro of sorts at games within safety parameters?
Yes, probably

Norway has legalised it and it's used well over there

Considering their reputation for an ordered society (unlike the countries on the Med where they just enjoy life more generally) that's no mean feat

My view is that those that massively over react and get litigious and celebrate 18 year old kids being banned for 3 years and asking for life bans... are boring people. This, of course will be countered with "yOu ArE aN idIot", with a face ruddied and contorted, desperate to not spill the Bovril delicately placed on a barrier.

Travel, watch football in different countries and continents and you'll see it's such a fantastic spectator sport, not just what happens on the pitch

Many of those who tut and complain inhaled all sorts of shit deliberately for decades 😅

Stick @Andy Holloway in the middle of the Azteca with a trumpet in his ear and the air thick with pyro and the smell of tacos al pastor and he'd become a new man I reckon

Last edited:

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, probably

Considering their reputation for an ordered society (unlike the countries on the Med where they just enjoy life more generally) that's no mean feat

My view is that those that massively over react and get litigious and celebrate 18 year old kids being banned for 3 years and asking for life bans... are boring people. This, of course will be countered with "yOu ArE aN idIot", with a face ruddied and contorted, desperate to not spill the Bovril delicately placed on a barrier.

Travel, watch football in different countries and continents and you'll see it's such a fantastic spectator sport, not just what happens on the pitch

Many of those who tut and complain inhaled all sorts of shit deliberately for decades 😅

Stick @Andy Holloway in the middle of the Azteca with a trumpet in his ear and the air thick with pyro and the smell of tacos al pastor and he'd become a new man I reckon
I went to a Norwegian Tippeligaen game last season (Stromsgotset v Lillestrom) and before the game the whole away end was full of pyros to the point where you couldn't see the pitch until a minute or so after kick off - the atmosphere was great.pyro.jpg

Grecian Max

I went to a Norwegian Tippeligaen game last season (Stromsgotset v Lillestrom) and before the game the whole away end was full of pyros to the point where you couldn't see the pitch until a minute or so after kick off - the atmosphere was great.View attachment 15587
If you zoom in you can see our favourite gardeners reaction

Screenshot 2024-05-31 at 11.55.59.png

Spoonz Red E

.... Many of those who tut and complain inhaled all sorts of shit deliberately for decades 😅
This made me chuckle.

fred binneys head

Yes, probably

The best bit of this masterpiece of a post is “with a trumpet in his ear” 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

sign of the chimes

To be fair he was probably given a grand by Dai Yongge and told to turn it in to the monthly payroll.