• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One - 2023/24

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I reckon Reading (given the upheaval and players leaving) & Fleetwood will get relegated , i then think it’s 2 from Exeter , Cheltenham , Burton or Shrewsbury….i’ll probably be completely wrong….

Wigan will have too much firepower to stay up IMO & based on Burtons performance against Derby they looked a threat as well….

it’s going to be squeaky bum time
i reckon - of all the sides noted i reckon City & Cheltenham have the worse attacking options which is why signing a striker is vital in the Window…

fred binneys head

No-one mentioning Port Vale as potential relegation candidates?

cullbaggie

we could be deeper in the mire after this weekend
Wigan vs Reading
Cheltenham vs Carlisle
Wigan to win would be a better result & a draw for the other..otherwise if Reading & Cheltenham win we drop into the bottom 4 again

denzel

we could be deeper in the mire after this weekend
Wigan vs Reading
Cheltenham vs Carlisle
Wigan to win would be a better result & a draw for the other..otherwise if Reading & Cheltenham win we drop into the bottom 4 again
...assuming we lose...

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think Cheltenham will get out of it, they've improved a lot since they changed their manager and I think they'll end up alright.

Reading will be fine unless they either lose their best players or have another points deduction.

I think Carlisle and Fleetwood will go down along with us and possibly Shrewsbury.

Alistair20000

Do we need a relegation prediction thread ?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do we need a relegation prediction thread ?
I think it will be Carlisle, Fleetwood, Reading (Further points deductions) and us, I do think we might take it to within the last 2-3 matches though to stay up, but tbh We just do not look good enough to stay up. But luckily neither do 5-6 other sides, so we might get lucky this season.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Really interesting piece on Pompey and the difficulty of the Jan window but also reference to Jevani
www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68006632

Exehausted

I think it will be Carlisle, Fleetwood, Reading (Further points deductions) and us, I do think we might take it to within the last 2-3 matches though to stay up, but tbh We just do not look good enough to stay up. But luckily neither do 5-6 other sides, so we might get lucky this season.
I don't think Reading will have anymore points deductions judging by what Rick Parry has said to a Cultural Media and sport hearing. He said that after Saturday's problem at Reading he is going to meet with their supporters and has sympathy for their situation. He said that they had been punished enough with points deductions over recent years and fining their owner was a waste of time as he wouldn't pay them anyway. He was appearing alongside the Prem League boss and he said that the Prem has to pay a lot more to clubs further down the pyramid otherwise two thirds could go bust. Talks between the two groups have so far failed to find an agreement. The MPs have threatened to impose a deal if necessary but they would prefer the Leagues to sort it themselves. Parry also said that they have no power to force a sale at Reading. I suppose he has to talk like that because it was the EFL who approved Yongge, the owner, as a fit and proper person.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
The MPs have threatened to impose a deal if necessary but they would prefer the Leagues to sort it themselves.
We all know that would never happen in a million years