• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Leeds united saturday 8th august.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have a good feeling 1-1, 1-0 to leeds, 0-1 to us

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
I have a good feeling 1-1, 1-0 to leeds, 0-1 to us
Lol, Alistair, I am there 100% with your good feeling and logic - we could draw, we could win or we could lose!

I just think we're going to upset the applecart and sneak a 1-0 win.... :)

Mackster

I'm predicting a 3-0 defeat. I think we haven't yet filled the void left by Gilly & Deano and we look a bit undercooked. I'm not too dismayed because after a few weeks I think we will see some players step into the departed's shoe's and I'm excited to see this new team develop

The good new is that Delph looks like he won't be playing. He was left out of Leeds friendly with Burnley which they won 2-1. Expected to go to Man City for £10 million!

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
We'll get hammered 4-0 or sneak a 1-0 win courtesy of Logie in the 91st minute.

Mr Bridger

1-1........City will score first.[G]

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
The only way we'll get 'hammered' is if the team crumbles in awe to the 'mighty' Leeds. I take comfort in Nigel Cloughs warning that our team won't be phased. That's good praise from a Manager that's met our team recently. To Leeds we are an unknown quantity.
Whatever team Tis chooses to field, you can rest assured it's a team that wants to win. And, if the good Mr Jones turns out, it'll go to the wire at the worst.
I maintain my optimism and feel we have every reason to hope for a win.
I don't expect it but neither do I expect a loss let alone a rout!
In Tis we trust. Absolutely. [But it ain't gonna stop me dancing 'round an oak tree just in case...]

citizen33

I cannot see us scoring more than at most a single goal, so if we are to get a result it will be a low scoring game. However, I don't think the defence has settled yet so I'd expect us to leak the usual 3 goals against the stronger teams. We'll see if the optimists are right about our ability to turn on and off the tap when it suits us, but I think it is quite hard to break a run of bad results even if they are PSFs. Hope I am wrong and in any event won't be too dismayed if we lose what is going to be one of the harder games. I feel worried about this season, but think the manager deserves absolute security and a long run.

southamptongrecian

Its a game we should lose by 3 or 4 goals,

we just have to hope that is what Leeds are thinking as well, if they feel they only have to show up to win, then they dont know Tiz and the game will be ours.

So its up to LU, could be 3 - 0 to them, or 1 - 0 to the mibhty Grecians.

Whatever happens I shall be there and enjoy every f**king minute.

Citysupporter2099

5-0 Leeds. [n]

ecfc2000

4-1-4-1 could work. Playing both Edwards and Russell will be a disaster and we'll lose heavily. fact.