• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Leeds united saturday 8th august.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think we need an early goal to settle our nerves and if we are gonna win we need Joana to play as man of the match! Bring in on Leeds!

cityno1ledgend

the whole team will need to give 110% cause im pretty sure the fans will ! (me will give 120%:) )

finetime

I'm concerned because I think IMO Tis will go for experience and I'm not sure it's the right decision. We're going to need more energy in the middle not less and Manny/Dunne sound like they could be a great breaking partnership in the middle. I think we're really going to need that energy because teams are going to keep the ball better in L1.

On the other hand, we've come a hell of a long way in a short time and it would be completely unfair to expect massive success again. Tis has done an amazing job with the budget he has and I'm not going to criticise if we don't do great this season - only if he picks the 'wrong' personnel. Please please no Edwards or Russell!!

I think we'll lose 4-1 at Leeds but they'll get a couple of those goals in the last 10-15 minutes.

WillsC88

i reckon with the leeds scouts watching our pre-season (clever work by tis!) will be underestimated therefore will sneak a very welcome 1-0 win!

TOP_CITY_FAN

4-1-4-1 could work. Playing Russell will be a disaster and we'll lose heavily. fact.
Edited for accuracy.

I reckon we'll lose 3-1 with Logan scoring for us.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
A year ago next weekend we made another trip to the far north to meet a team that was (at the time) one of the favourites to win that particular league.

After 90 minutes we came away with a 1-1 draw - and the dawning belief that we might be ok in that division after all :)

I'd take the same again!!! [y]

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
4-1-4-1 could work. Playing both Edwards and Russell will be a disaster and we'll lose heavily. fact.
couldnt agree more. only been to a couple of psfs but been pretty impressed by manny. could be the man to give the leeds defence problems. as for the result, 1-1 with a matt taylor header [G]

cityno1ledgend

We can just defend for 91 mins and hope to a chance in the 92min to win got to think positive !

Thames Valley Red

One paul whitehouse...........there is only one paul whitehouse!

Aviva!

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
Everything points towards us being destroyed. PSF results generally poor (although I don't put much stock by them anyway), early season game with a lot of new faces to gel, playing away at one of the title expectants and in particular playing away at Leeds - I'm sure many teams have lost before they even get off the coach due to that last 'fear' factor.

So all things considered 0-2 to City it is! :)

Even if we are actually destroyed I will enjoy every minute - well perhaps not those where the shots go past Jones but definitely all the rest!