• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Leyton Orient FC

David Treharne

While everything may not be rosy in the ECFC garden, we are in a much better position than virtually every club at our - or any - level.
Probably a quote that ought to be put above one of the entrances to SJP as a salutary reminder of events that happened in 2003. In one way or another I've been in conversation with LOFT for sixteen years - they were always immensely jealous of the Big Bank as a standing area. Since then things have deteriorated, often not very quickly, but gradually to bring them to where they are now. There is much that our Trust still needs to do in terms of both openness and management at Exeter, but the Club itself has virtually reinvented itself, especially with regard to Youth and Inclusivity, as well as facilities both on and off the pitch.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
On that point, interesting to see how Hereford are progressing; running away with the Southern League South and West, home crowds around 3,000 and sell-outs at away games! There is life after going bust!
By a coincidence found myself driving past their ground at lunchtime today. Still there, all intact and, if anything, looking a bit tidier that it was back in the days when we used to go there.

Mind you, there's a big residential development going up now on the land right behind their home end - in keeping their ground intact reckon they could have had a big escape from the hands of land speculators!

PS: Just for malcolms information I resisted the temptation of sticking one up to the chancellor by filling with "red diesel" - I, as always, filled up with proper taxable stuff like all good dutiful (and dutiable) citizens should. ;)

Last edited:

STURTZ

By rights, Orient should have had the Olympic stadium.

dontpassback

Exeter city supporters trust may not be perfect by a long way,but when you see what's going on at orient,Blackpool etc you realise that we have come a long way since 2003 and you count your blessings !

STURTZ

Sometimes clubs have to go down to find a way forward.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would have been pretty much empty every week though. Waste of a good stadium.

Newtonpop

Probably a quote that ought to be put above one of the entrances to SJP as a salutary reminder of events that happened in 2003. In one way or another I've been in conversation with LOFT for sixteen years - they were always immensely jealous of the Big Bank as a standing area. Since then things have deteriorated, often not very quickly, but gradually to bring them to where they are now. There is much that our Trust still needs to do in terms of both openness and management at Exeter, but the Club itself has virtually reinvented itself, especially with regard to Youth and Inclusivity, as well as facilities both on and off the pitch.
When I read about this in the paper it said that the Orient supporters were in contact with other trust run clubs, do you know if they have contacted us for any help and advice?

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
They couldn't have considered this very seriously Sturtz judging by what West Ham have to pay on a 99 year lease - £2.5m basic per year with a lot of add ons.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36043808

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We should expect to hear something this afternoon about the winding up order.

iscalad

We should expect to hear something this afternoon about the winding up order.
Anyone heard anything?