• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Liam Sercombe

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Re: liam sercombe

As wingers go, Wayne Carlisle was average at best.

No pace as such, no tricks, and no great cross on him.

budegrecian

Not Liam's best game today, but still did ok, against a good side, as far as I'm concerned.
The comparisons with Wayne Carlisle are ridiculous; they are totally different players.
I liked Wayne whilst he was with us, but I guarantee Liam will go on to ultimately achieve far more in the game.
Another of City's youth products that will go on to better things........ & probably get abused should he ever return with another club....

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S

he isnt a winger for a start.

Central midfield player with plenty of ability , but needs time to progress.

is he ever going to be a world beater no , talented enough to play for exeter yes...

manc grecian

It's obvious he needs to improve his upper body strength as he is brushed off the ball too wasily at times.

Yesterday, I thought he took more responsibility than i have before, he wasnt afraid to look for the ball and got stuck in with the rest of them. Would like to see him havr a few more shots on goal as he has an excellent shot.

Those that hink he is a winger shows how little they know.

Poultice

he isnt a winger for a start.

Central midfield player with plenty of ability , but needs time to progress.

is he ever going to be a world beater no , talented enough to play for exeter yes...
I still want to know who has kidnapped Credy and is posting all this sense.

International

Well-known Exeweb poster

fair OP.

I Wonber if Ryan and Liam in the same trio is counter productive. Serious question, how many games do people think it takes to get the handle on L1?
Wonder away. I'd think a lot of it comes down to consistency more than anything else, it is never easy for any played being in and out of the side. I thought City applied themselves superbly yesterday, done what was needed of them, though Sercs l thought was possibly the weaker of the midfield trio.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S

Sercs can strike a lovely ball , id like to see him in and around the box more smashing shots in , he is more than capable...

lacks muscle at the moment , once he gets that he will be a good player

GrecianInWales

I like Sercombe and can see the potential there. However, I don't think he's adjusted well to League One and he's the type of player, I think, who needs a run of games to get his confidence. At the moment I don't think he's getting this and as a result he's out of form and out of confidence. He's not helped by us having an abundance of central midfielders.

I'd quite like to see Liam go out on loan in League 2 or the BSP, even if it's somewhere like Torquay. Give him a bit of time to find his feet and get back to his best and we may have a very decent player next season.

He's still very young, there's a lot of talent and potential there. If we give him another season or two, we potentially have a very good player on our books (agree that he needs to beef up though).

As for comparing him with Carlisle, that's completely pointless. They're a totally different type of player. You could quite easily have them both in the same team.

Oli

Never really seen anything in his performances to show me that he will be outstanding, but there are glimpses of talent in there.

If we released him would he make a career in football?

STURTZ

Always have the hope that Sercombe is going to, one day, beat his player sprint clear and crack one into the net.

He's got the ability, he just hasn't got the confidence yet.