• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lincoln City v Exeter City Matchday Thread

Mid Devon Grecian

Realistically, unless Tom Carroll get injured, Ryan Woods isn't likely to get many minutes in those 12 games either.
Have to ask what the point of signing him was? Not fit and not likely to play.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
With Eisa we know he has pedigree, just lacking a bit of sharpness from what I’ve seen. Only way he’s going to get that sharpness is minutes. I quite agree he should be started as much as possible.

We’ve seemingly signed signed another 3 players (Eisa,Woods & Alli) who aren’t fit at a time we desperately needed new impact players.
Eisa should have started. He couldn't have been less effective than Cox

Bridgy 81

Realistically, unless Tom Carroll gets injured, Ryan Woods isn't likely to get many minutes in those 12 games either.
Why sign him then?

It was only 18 months ago that I watched our first game back in League 1 at Lincoln.

It's a long way from Exeter and it wasn't a classic, but I do remember Jevani's turn on the half way line leaving 3 defenders in his wake, followed by a slide rule pass to Sam who then finished smartly. What a thrilling piece of play.

I'm pretty sure Gary will keep us up and that is mission accomplished, I suppose. I'll be pleased and relieved if he does, but satisfied? I'm not so sure. I love to see players and play which have/has style and which are/is prepared to thrill, even if it risks failure. At the moment I don't feel we're getting this.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why sign him then?
Backup for Carroll because he doesn't like kite

ECFC-GC

It was only 18 months ago that I watched our first game back in League 1 at Lincoln.

It's a long way from Exeter and it wasn't a classic, but I do remember Jevani's turn on the half way line leaving 3 defenders in his wake, followed by a slide rule pass to Sam who then finished smartly. What a thrilling piece of play.

I'm pretty sure Gary will keep us up and that is mission accomplished, I suppose. I'll be pleased and relieved if he does, but satisfied? I'm not so sure. I love to see players and play which have/has style and which are/is prepared to thrill, even if it risks failure. At the moment I don't feel we're getting this.
Just done an exercise based on points per game to date taken through to season end!
City should get 53 points finishing 17th.
Have no optimism for this, it will only take another bad run which means we will struggle to get to the 47 point safety zone.
Really could be squeaky bum time!

JGrecian23

Why sign him then?
Exactly why I was complaining when we kept signing players that were not strikers during January. We needed 2 out and out strikers, we got 1.and then mucked about with Woods, Purrington and some other randomers.

supernova

Wow even Caldwell disagrees with @supernova about Caldwell.
I live rent free in your head, it’s so sweet

Bridgy 81

Exactly why I was complaining when we kept signing players that were not strikers during January. We needed 2 out and out strikers, we got 1.and then mucked about with Woods, Purrington and some other randomers.
Whoops,
I didn’t intend to agree with you.

JGrecian23

Whoops,
I didn’t intend to agree with you.
You should try it more often, you'd enjoy being right!