• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Those little Bank card readers, that look like a calculator, that I can never find.

Usernames, passwords and PINs etc etc are not enough it seems, now I have to find the bloody calculator, and stick me card in it.

mammooman

The word 'sick' to describe something as good. I just don't get it.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
I am completely with you on that, mammooman ...

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The way so many English people (people I know and some i've seen on TV), when talking about Basketball, pronounce defence and offence in the American way by saying "deeefence and oooffence" as if they're words just made up for that particular sport.

On a similar subject, when watching the likes of Jamie Oliver or Gordon Ramsay doing their American TV shows they speak to the Americans using their terms like 'side walk' and 'diaper'. It's f*cking pavement and nappy you sell out pricks....

LOG

I can't say that i know many people that talk about basketball.

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
I suspect most cyclists pay vehicle excise duty as I'd imagine a fair proportion of them are drivers too - what's 'road tax'?
It may be called that but I've never heard it referred to as that even when they do a news article on it.

Antony Moxey

So the news is as ignorant on such matters as you are. Or perhaps it's simply dumbing down so the stupid can understand, as seems to be the wont of TV news reporters now.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Those little Bank card readers, that look like a calculator, that I can never find.
I keep mine in a safe and sensible place alongside my Trust priority number. Where I've no idea.

downthetrack

I keep mine in a safe and sensible place alongside my Trust priority number. Where I've no idea.
Yep,with you on that one,you put it that safe when you need something important you cant remember where it is.Mot's is my bug bear

Old people on buses are a nightmare at the best of times, however this new swipe the card thingy they have got going on stagecoach has taken things to a new level. Swiping a card is a fairly simple process but from what I have seen no one has yet mastered it and the bus arrives even later than normal.