• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Marcus Flitcroft - Head of Recruitment. What does he do and what is his back story?

DawlishBouy

But can be recalled in January. With a new manager at the helm, a recall wouldn't surprise me.
If GC has the option of recalling Coley, who’s been dropped to the bench by Harrogate, or using his wages to sign another player on loan I think he’ll choose a loanee.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
If GC has the option of recalling Coley, who’s been dropped to the bench by Harrogate, or using his wages to sign another player on loan I think he’ll choose a loanee.
I would think he would want to assess the player himself, especially as he is contracted for next season. Just my thoughts.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Seem to remember that Josh Coley was being touted on here as the answer to our striking problems in the pre season.🙄

DawlishBouy

I would think he would want to assess the player himself, especially as he is contracted for next season. Just my thoughts.
If Coley is recalled and fails to impress and Harrogate don’t want him back wer’e stuck with a passenger for the rest of the season.

andrew p long

there may also be an option for Harrogate to terminate the loan in January, which I suspect they would, as it isn't working out so far.

andrew p long

If Coley is recalled and fails to impress and Harrogate don’t want him back wer’e stuck with a passenger for the rest of the season.
If Josh Coley comes back in January I think it would be worth someone seeing whether he could be converted into a right wing back for next season.(it worked for Jack Stacey!)

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does anyone know if the 'two clubs in a season' rule applies to non-league clubs ie we wouldn't be able to recall Josh Coley and send him out to another League 2 club because he's already played for us this season but could we send him to a National League team?

StudentGrecian

Does anyone know if the 'two clubs in a season' rule applies to non-league clubs ie we wouldn't be able to recall Josh Coley and send him out to another League 2 club because he's already played for us this season but could we send him to a National League team?
I always thought it did, but then Ben Seymour played for us, Yeovil and Bath in 21/22, so I guess it can’t apply to non-league clubs.
Either way I think I’d prefer him back here than at a non-league club, offers something of bench. Changed the game at Swindon last season.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I always thought it did, but then Ben Seymour played for us, Yeovil and Bath in 21/22, so I guess it can’t apply to non-league clubs.
Either way I think I’d prefer him back here than at a non-league club, offers something of bench. Changed the game at Swindon last season.
In an ideal world I would agree Student given we have a small squad and Josh may just click under GC? However, we always have limited budgets and the issue is will GC choose to spend what he has on Coley or he do what most managers tend to do and look at bringing in players he has worked with? Equally he may decide the money is bst spent in another position? For example, if Stubbs prognosis is terminal may he seek to bring in a centre half instead?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
In an ideal world I would agree Student given we have a small squad and Josh may just click under GC? However, we always have limited budgets and the issue is will GC choose to spend what he has on Coley or he do what most managers tend to do and look at bringing in players he has worked with? Equally he may decide the money is bst spent in another position? For example, if Stubbs prognosis is terminal may he seek to bring in a centre half instead?
In my opinion we need a LB / LWB and a CB. We do not need a huge amount in other positions imho. I Would look at the defence first and how we can improve that.

Obviously injuries may chance that though. but assuming no loan returns and no major injuries it is only really the defence that needs bolstering.