• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor Leaving? Has left!

Red Monster

I'd rather use compensation to strengthen defence and, as we did with MT, trust what we have that know our fan owned club inside out.
I know what you’re saying it depends on who we have left.
If Wayne leaves as well maybe just Hill left unless he leaves as well.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
If he goes then good luck and thanks for all you’ve done, you’ll always be welcome because of what you’ve achieved both on the pitch and from the dug out. But life goes on and it’s no different to pretty much every manager from the last 25 years that we didn’t want them to go and who would replace them.

But I hope he stays.

supernova

Rotherham ain’t a big club and he won’t last long. He’d be much better biding his time when the likes of Bradford City or Portsmouth comes up

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
As long as he doesn’t take Chas!
everyone has their price :)

robchave

If Matt goes, I'll be very sad. But, he'd go with my best wishes and thanks for everything he's done for us.

However, managers come and managers go. We will need to replace with someone - from inside, or out - who 'gets' the club and what we're about. Experience of bringing on young players will be an absolute requirement.

dontpassback

everyone has their price :)
It’s too far from the sea for chas

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rotherham ain’t a big club and he won’t last long. He’d be much better biding his time when the likes of Bradford City or Portsmouth comes up
Rotherham's manager has left to drop down a division to Derby. Persumably he feels that they offer him far better prospects than staying in the Championship at Rotherham. The Cambridge manager has turned them down. There seems to be some doubts over how desirable the Rotherham job actually is amongst KMT's peers.

Snowy6

I know what you’re saying it depends on who we have left.
If Wayne leaves as well maybe just Hill left unless he leaves as well.
Look
Rotherham's manager has left to drop down a division to Derby. Persumably he feels that they offer him far better prospects than staying in the Championship at Rotherham. The Cambridge manager has turned them down. There seems to be some doubts over how desirable the Rotherham job actually is amongst KMT's peers.
One thing that I would have thought that might influence his decision is the shape of the side he would be going to.............. unfortunately they play pretty much the same shape as we do so Matt putting his ideas into place isn't going to be a hard transition for him. He also has Ogbene, a player he likes very much, is up front for them.

Snowy6

Look no thougher dean moxey

supernova

Let’s not forget we got promoted at the Don Valley Athletics Stadium in 2009 home to Rotherham who I think had a home crowd of about 5000 fans