• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor Leaving? Has left!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry, but that wasn't 'clear' at all. I don't know how you claim to know what he 'felt'. Yes, he obviously showed some frustration at not having more resources to sign his preferred players. But what he 'felt' as a result of that understandable frustration is just your supposition.
All that we can deduce is that he's received an offer that he's decided to take. It tells us nothing about how far he 'felt' he could take the club.
It tells us everything. He's with us after gaining promotion, living with his partner locally having just had their first baby, yet he decides to uproot all of them to go to Rotherham Utd. Its not exactly an opportunity he couldn't refuse, albeit I have no idea regarding the money involved. He clearly wanted a new challenge.

Cowshed Grecian

I would think so,I don’t think it would get as far as 25 though 😀
Dunno, Tisdale couldnt win a game at home for about 3 years or something. We refused to sack him

dontpassback

Sorry, but that wasn't 'clear' at all. I don't know how you claim to know what he 'felt'. Yes, he obviously showed some frustration at not having more resources to sign his preferred players. But what he 'felt' as a result of that understandable frustration is just your supposition.
All that we can deduce is that he's received an offer that he's decided to take. It tells us nothing about how far he 'felt' he could take the club.
Matt Taylor having been a player and a coach here would have known we don’t spend money like Real Madrid,when he took the managers job.the frustration of not getting players he was after maybe has come to a head,and the Rotherham chairman has offered him a chance at a higher level,and maybe a wedge to spend on players,Matt is obviously ambitious,and has taken the opportunity,if it works out he will do well,if it doesn’t,then he will be joining wilder and Rob Edwards,but Paul warne got them promoted and relegated and they didn’t pull the trigger on him,so maybe Matt thinks he is going to the championship version of ECFC with a more money to spend,I suppose we will have to wait and see how it all pans out !

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Dunno, Tisdale couldnt win a game at home for about 3 years or something. We refused to sack him
And where did we end up in the league in those 3 years???

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
The tweet came from the official Trust account, it's not fake, it was obviously just posted by mistake/too early.
Is the right answer.. We have the usual media management process in modern football ...you can't announce something without a series of videos to accompany it - keep the official confirmation from the fanbases of both clubs until ducks are in a row.

But unfortunately someone from the Official trust twitter account accidentally published a tweet containing the early draft of the announcement. If that were wrong, the club or Trust or MT could easily deny it and put the record straight. Media organisations publishing the news are relying on both that tweet and the absence of any denial of other's reports.

Pretty obvious why a 4pm press conference has been scheduled.

Average Joe

And where did we end up in the league in those 3 years???
Probably in three play off finals

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We couldn't sack him as we couldn't afford to pay off his 2 year roller.

Cowshed Grecian

We couldn't sack him as we couldn't afford to pay off his 2 year roller.
[/QUOTE
I know, most ridiculous thing ever

dontpassback

He must have had naughty photos of someone on the board then 😂😂😂😂

Cowshed Grecian

He must have had naughty photos of someone on the board then 😂😂😂😂
Either that or a great idea to give him a big Salary on a silly contract where the club isn't in a position to sack him if he isn't performing adequately at his job.