• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor Leaving? Has left!

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why on earth would he want to go and work for a club who have previously had Fatty Boy Evans as manager ? 😎
I am also not sure that Matt is going to take much advice from you anyway, after all when he signed Jevani you declared it a dud signing !
Morning Mr.Balls

Agent Andy

Brown will follow Taylor I would think 🙈🙈🙈

Snowy6

Could be in the right place at the right time though
What about podge liked by all at the club

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Like several others have said I'm curently feeling totally deflated although on the slim chance Matt stays becomes totally elated. Lots of talk of Dan Green who is the obvious continuity choice but not all coaches make good managers and we will need to compensate Villa? In terms of internal candidates I guess it depends on who is left but with the exception of Wayne nobody else has the creditionals. Luke Gerrard (Boreham Wood) or Woodman (Bromley) would be the type of hungry manager that could work. Otherwise I'm going to stick my neck out and say that Gary Johnson will be approached. Torquay heading southward quickly due to many reasons outside his control. He does however have much L1 managerial experience

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
What about podge liked by all at the club
Podge will make an excellent manager one day but not sure he's ready yet.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Brown will follow Taylor I would think 🙈🙈🙈
Seems likely, but will decimate our playing squad even further.

Langer

He’s showed his hand by considering it. Time to look elsewhere.

Langer

Anyone seriously think any of our current squad are Championship players?

Redarrow

Only just started working together at a new club in non league, however many non league managers have been mentioned in this thread so why not throw in Chris Hargreaves’s and Chris Todd at Yeovil…..both worked at the club before and I believe Chris Hargreaves’s had a big part to play alongside MT within the youth section years ago with a lot of our current squad

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Off the field with the new training ground I'd agree whole heartely but financially? No I'm afraid if you look this is probably one of the main reasons he's considering this job, We have to be honest with ourselves, Whilst we're not desperate we can't compete, As said by MT's interviews during the transfer window.
Ok I mean bank balance not budget as we will never compete with argyle whom spent over £5.5m on player n staff wages .