• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - sacked by Rotherham & employed by Bristol Rovers

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was nice of the Bristol Rovers owner to address my message within a day! 🤣

I can imagine him reading exeweb going good I best give Tom the answers.

That letter would indicate bar a disaster they're invested in MT for the foreseeable. It's horrible as I want MT To do well but Bristol to be relegated 4 years straight.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
It was nice of the Bristol Rovers owner to address my message within a day! 🤣

So they've given up on a new ground then?
I'm surprised that they have, I don't think getting to 16k will be easy given the tight constraints and access around there and the nimbies that were in evidence when they built the South Stand

tom_ecfc

I'm surprised that they have, I don't think getting to 16k will be easy given the tight constraints and access around there and the nimbies that were in evidence when they built the South Stand
A new, away side, stand has to be next. One of the worst stands/terracing in the league. I think even FGR beats that away end, and that’s saying something!

arthur

we swiftly shifted our focus towards revitalising the heart and soul of our club: the Memorial Stadium.

The heart and soul of the club is now an IKEA :)

STURTZ

See that Schumacher is now widely disliked at Stoke! You know what that means on here now? With Caldwell in the ascendancy it's time to post the inevitable, Caldwell to Stoke rumours (and who could blame him?🙄)?

Spoonz Red E

See that Schumacher is now widely disliked at Stoke! You know what that means on here now? With Caldwell in the ascendancy it's time to post the inevitable, Caldwell to Stoke rumours (and who could blame him?🙄)?
We can stoke our own rumours.

Grecian2K

We can stoke our own rumours.
Or just keep pottering around on here.

Tim Long

Think the new ground was to be paid for by selling the Mem to Sainsbury's. A former colleague who grew up in the area surrounding the Mem and was a rugger bugger told me the reason that the deal fell through - and, if true, I'm surprised this wasn't made public - is that there's a covenant on the ground that it must be used for leisure activity. Shopping didn't count. As my colleague said "It's called the Memorial Ground for a reason"

STURTZ

Think the new ground was to be paid for by selling the Mem to Sainsbury's. A former colleague who grew up in the area surrounding the Mem and was a rugger bugger told me the reason that the deal fell through - and, if true, I'm surprised this wasn't made public - is that there's a covenant on the ground.
So how do they play football with all those nuns wandering about?

arthur

Think the new ground was to be paid for by selling the Mem to Sainsbury's. A former colleague who grew up in the area surrounding the Mem and was a rugger bugger told me the reason that the deal fell through - and, if true, I'm surprised this wasn't made public - is that there's a covenant on the ground that it must be used for leisure activity. Shopping didn't count. As my colleague said "It's called the Memorial Ground for a reason"
They got permission to build a new stadium with Sainburys at Bradley Stoke . Then the Green Party demanded a judicial review to show how Green they were and how out of touch with the electorate. By the time the judicial review upheld the original decision Sainsburys had realised that shopping habits had changed and that building a big shed store made no commercial sense. So back to the third rate rugby ground called the Mem. The heart and soul of Bristol Rovers indeed..