• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - sacked by Rotherham & employed by Bristol Rovers

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
You mean that bid that they chickened out of at the last minute "due to an administrative error" ? ;) Even with their new investors, Matt has had to prune down the size of the squad, and wait to bring Wayne Carlisle in. Instead of lashing out on Clarke-Harris in the January window they paid out a fraction of the amount on the lad from Grimsby, and some other youngsters on loan signings.
You could certainly be right about the Clark Harris situation, but their budget is still top 6. They did still break their transfer record though this January to sign the lad from Grimsby for a reported 500K. I doubt in my lifetime I'll ever see City spend that amount of money ;)

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
You could certainly be right about the Clark Harris situation, but their budget is still top 6. They did still break their transfer record though this January to sign the lad from Grimsby for a reported 500K. I doubt in my lifetime I'll ever see City spend that amount of money ;)
Thought I had read it was 300k

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Thought I had read it was 300k
Their previous transfer record was apparently around 400K, and it was reported that this was a club record fee so I'd assume anywhere between 400-500K is fairly accurate.

JGrecian23

I have no idea about Rovers Board or what they expect, but I would be surprised to see MT see out the season there. They are an impatient lot and always seem to think they are a bit bigger than they are.

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Gas does have huge potential, even as the smaller club in Bristol, a city of half a million and another 300,000 in the South Glos catchment.

Grecian2K

and another 300,000 in the South Glos catchment.
299,999. (You overlooked FGR there)

grecIAN Harris

The Gas does have huge potential, even as the smaller club in Bristol, a city of half a million and another 300,000 in the South Glos catchment.
It's potential is limited by it's ground size not to mention they're competing for their share of those figures not only with their foes from Ashton Gate but also the Premiership egg chasers based at Ashton Gate and also Bath both averaging over 18000 last season. Rovers capacity is 8k short of that figure.

The deluder

It's potential is limited by it's ground size not to mention they're competing for their share of those figures not only with their foes from Ashton Gate but also the Premiership egg chasers based at Ashton Gate and also Bath both averaging over 18000 last season. Rovers capacity is 8k short of that figure.
Bath Rugby capacity is 14502 and averaged 13900 crowds last season. Bristol over 19000.

grecIAN Harris

Bath Rugby capacity is 14502 and averaged 13900 crowds last season. Bristol over 19000.
That shows what googling does for you.....🤪 especially when the story I was reading was five years old when I opened it although that does fly against your capacity figure though. Or has re-development reduced the capacity since then?

The deluder

The attendance figures do show a drop in the chiefs attendance last season to 10,300. Not exactly massive (although better than others obviously ‘.