• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

MDT : Easter Monday. The Posh v The Grecians. 3pm KO (Peterborough vs Exeter)

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I feel the Posh game showed that our defence is "OK" against average League 1 teams ..... but now we're starting to get found out. We knew it was a test this month.

Defence longer term could see changes i think, but at least we have Diabate to return.
Sadly I think Cheick out for the season.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Handball by Aimson
That was Friday!

arthur

That was Friday. Wasn't someone offside?
Indeed - Sweeney. Still don't know why Caldwell was booked

iscalad

That was Friday!
Sorry.

tonykellowfan

I think the wind played a big factor in this game. I was praying we could get to half-time at 1-0, as I thought we would be much better in the second half.

The second goal made it much more difficult, but even at 2-1 we were the better team on the pitch and came close to an equaliser.

The third goal was completely against the run of play.

andrew p long

I imagine he was in effect swapped for Aimson.
Stubbs’ contract was up in the summer and maybe he indicated his preference was to leave and return north, or as Max says above he wasn’t Gary’s type of player for the style he wants for us.
We probably couldn’t have afforded both so Aimson was signed with some forward planning in mind as his contract with us runs until 2025 I think.
The penny finally dropped for me re the Aimson/Stubbs decision when we scored the second -v- Accrington. Yes, I had previously got all the stuff about 'can only afford one or the other',Stubbs injury issues, playing style etc.....but it seemed strange losing Stubbs,one of the most effective centre halves for City ever.

Then -v- Accrington we passed around the back drawing the opposition on to press City's back line and then...Aimson breaks the press with a 70 yard ball to Key who takes it down out of the sky, runs through and scores. Thinks - Sam Stubbs,for all his defensive abilities,iasn't going to hit 70 yard balls straight to feet, so useful/essential for a GC style of play. (There was a similar 60 yard out ball by Aimson yesterday)

Not saying that I would have made the same decision but at least its now clear to me why it happened.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just diverting from matters on the pitch for a moment but I really enjoyed being in the old Main Stand at Peterborough rather than behind the goal. It’s a real throwback with classic wooden seats and great looking View attachment 11401View attachment 11402roof girders. And in the former enclosure below there were seats (not much legroom though) from Filbert Street and The Den. These stands are fast disappearing (as at SJP) so experience them while you can.
I also commentated to my two sons about those seats and the wonderful nature of that stand. Being of smaller stature the leg room wasn't an issue for me :)

Bridgy 81

Just diverting from matters on the pitch for a moment but I really enjoyed being in the old Main Stand at Peterborough rather than behind the goal. It’s a real throwback with classic wooden seats and great looking View attachment 11401View attachment 11402roof girders. And in the former enclosure below there were seats (not much legroom though) from Filbert Street and The Den. These stands are fast disappearing (as at SJP) so experience them while you can.
I like old stands too.
But I did notice the commentators on iFollow mentioned that some of the metalwork was obscuring their view.
Plus, although those seats are lovely, I thought part of the reason we replaced our old grandstand was because there was a fair bit of wood in it?
Mind you I’m pretty sure Fulham still have wooden seats on one side, so there must be a way around it.

Spoonz Red E

I like old stands too.
But I did notice the commentators on iFollow mentioned that some of the metalwork was obscuring their view.
Plus, although those seats are lovely, I thought part of the reason we replaced our old grandstand was because there was a fair bit of wood in it?
Mind you I’m pretty sure Fulham still have wooden seats on one side, so there must be a way around it.
The Club were on tenterhooks for a few seasons in terms of getting safety certificates renewed for the Old Grandstand.
One of the things I notice from Martin's photo is a how easy it is to attract a certain amount of detritus between seats.

Back in 2003 the Old Grand Stand suffered from the same.
One of the volunteer work party efforts was to clean out several year's worth between and under the seats.

I do like the feel of being under that type of roof though.
A regular question I get selling tickets in our open design stands is 'how many rows up do I have to be to get guaranteed protection from the rain?'.

Last edited:

Colesman Ballz

I do like the feel of being under that type of roof though.
A regular question I get selling tickets in our open design stands is 'how many rows up do I have to be to get guaranteed protection from the rain?'.
The other big change is having cold feet from the concrete. Wood underfoot was far more comfortable, both in the OGS and the Cowshed too, back in the days that you were stood on old railway sleepers ! :)