• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

My New Football Club Podcast

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought it was a really interesting interview which gives a good insight into GC's thinking. I particularly liked the turning of tables with GC asking David how Ricky Gervais goes about things on set.

Grecian Max

Just listened to Gary caldwells podcast. Blimey not very charismatic is he zzzz
Came across fine and a sensible head/pro

Why does he need to be wacky? Some of the very elite managers are pretty dry, it really doesn’t matter. No doubt you’re a Holloway fan…

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Came across fine and a sensible head/pro

Why does he need to be wacky? Some of the very elite managers are pretty dry, it really doesn’t matter. No doubt you’re a Holloway fan…
Tisdale was hardly a wonderful communicator in interviews as was Inglethorpe . I think we where quite spoilt with Taylor who communicates really well and is really interesting to listen too. The end of season interview was a fantastic watch. I've not heard this interview yet but no particular issue with Caldwell's interview style or his communication in interviews.

Just his team selections and tactics 😂

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tisdale was hardly a wonderful communicator
That's not true, frankly. Tisdale was just very selective with what he said. He was still a good communicator.

Grecian Max

That's not true, frankly. Tisdale was just very selective with what he said. He was still a good communicator.
He used big words to convey not much at all. Good salesman maybe.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
UP to no 40 for the season, and I am not sure that I am liking them as much, Jon and David are not Jon and Dan.

Will probably keep an eye out for potential interesting interviews (Chris Sumner coming up some time soon), but not compulsive listening unlike TBBT

Bat Fastard

UP to no 40 for the season, and I am not sure that I am liking them as much, Jon and David are not Jon and Dan.

Will probably keep an eye out for potential interesting interviews (Chris Sumner coming up some time soon), but not compulsive listening unlike TBBT
Agree, gave up on it, found David earl pretty irritating. Big bank theory is the superior Exeter city related podcast…top work gents

Red Bill

I have been getting a bit bored with it lately. I haven't enjoyed ot so much since John Beer has been involved, nothing against the lad he's clearly a bright lad who looks like he has a bright future ahead of him, I just think I'd prefer someone who has a bit more history as a City fan, perhaps someone who remembers the dark days. But maybe I'm just an old git struggling to relate to the young generation these days!:unsure:

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jeez you're a miserable lot. I have enjoyed them. There's a good mix of guests on there too.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jeez you're a miserable lot. I have enjoyed them. There's a good mix of guests on there too.
Each to their own, yes the guests are quite interesting at times, but personally I find the two of them too self promoting, they have had a lot of support from the club as well for which I think the SM team ought to be praised for arranging. David has also bought our football club to the attention of a lot of new people which is also a good thing, but personal preference I still prefer the talk of the terraces and not of the lounges.

Like Red Bill, and it could be a generational thing, I feel Jon will go far in his chosen career, as through this pod he is making a lot of contacts, but there have been occasions when his lack of historic club knowledge comes through. As I said I will still look to see who's on and topics but I am not enjoying it as much as when it first came out