• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Number 10 - Sam Nombe - To Rotherham United

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
We agreed a fee and personal terms and overall he binned us off for rotherham no shame in it you still get your money it’s dissapointing but we move on your lot are still more than good enough to finish top 10 even without him I only said on here what I was told I still have no clue for certain if he had a medical but personal terms were agreed we agreed a fee and rotherham just offered More think Georgie Kelly be a good signing for your lot Kayode would be as well but looks like he’s off to us as an alternative to Nombe I didn’t want to come on here and spread false Rumours and if u feel that’s what I did I understand but that was never my intention
Spreading false rumours?

That's our job. ;)

budegrecian

We agreed a fee and personal terms and overall he binned us off for rotherham no shame in it you still get your money it’s dissapointing but we move on your lot are still more than good enough to finish top 10 even without him I only said on here what I was told I still have no clue for certain if he had a medical but personal terms were agreed we agreed a fee and rotherham just offered More think Georgie Kelly be a good signing for your lot Kayode would be as well but looks like he’s off to us as an alternative to Nombe I didn’t want to come on here and spread false Rumours and if u feel that’s what I did I understand but that was never my intention
No problem as far as I’m concerned; I’ve enjoyed your input.Trust me, your updates have been far more factual than most of the rumours posted on here.
Enjoyed my visit to Barnsley last season; had some pleasant chats with your fans in the pub and outside the ground. Hopefully we can both have successful seasons.

BarnsleyFan48

No problem as far as I’m concerned; I’ve enjoyed your input.Trust me, your updates have been far more factual than most of the rumours posted on here.
Enjoyed my visit to Barnsley last season; had some pleasant chats with your fans in the pub and outside the ground. Hopefully we can both have successful seasons.
For me It was always a tough deal to agree as soon as it got to Friday last week and it wasn’t signed I feared the worst and then a few hours later got a message Rotherham have made a move for Nombe they matched the bid and offered more money hence the whole goodbye Saturday then today he travelled down to do his medical and in return they are selling us Joshua Kayode slightly dissapointing but every player who puts on the shirt is given an opportunity and you’ve got Jack Aitchison as well a player that will give 110% every game never stops running and can find quality passes and at times can finish

Grecian Max

Your prize:

Screenshot 2023-08-23 at 23.29.48.png

BarnsleyFan48

I deserve that tbf whoever made that has a sad life really got the fans excited

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's been tough this summer saying goodbye to so many players who I have absolutely loved watching over the last few years and Sam is another who I'll remember as one of all time favourite City players. At heart all fans want is for players to put a decent shift in and look like they are enjoying it as much we would if we were lucky enough to be out there and Sam did exactly that. I know that many of us are often in danger of taking football too seriously but post-covid there was something genuinely uplifting, even life-affirming, about seeing crowds back in grounds and Sam leading the celebrations in front of the Bank.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does anyone remember the opening credits to the kids TV show 'Why don't you?'.

Antony Moxey

You genuinely have no idea whether any of what you've said there is true.

gilbertshoot

You genuinely have no idea whether any of what you've said there is true.
Also, can we have some full stops please Barnsley48? I ran out of breath trying to read all that.

Average Joe

Hopefully we get a good 700k from this deal and purchase two 300k attackers or one for double and a loanee

I'm likely to be in a minority but I'm not too sad about Nombe going. He's a cracking player to have around but we can find players who do score more then Nombe. We have excellent attacking midfielders, and excellent wide attackers this year to make up for the loss of what Nombe does bring to the squad. We just need a couple of more goal scorers