• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Non League Lettering

pelsey

You can shove your stone island up your arse, this
But you didn't go the club shop to ask why? I would've thought, if you wanted to know the reason behind something is go straight to the source. You get a response quicker, and your there nearly every other week.
:S
I'm guessing if he did go into the club shop, as usual, they would say "I dunno" and shrug their shoulders and not give a sh*t, this is the usual response i get. :D

EDIT: Just to add, this is really really tacky from the club. I'm extremely surprised that no one has brought this up before...

Last edited:

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
So when Exeweb handed his shirt back in did they stop using that lettering or just continue as normal?

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I must admit the first two times I saw this thread .. I wondered why would any bother writing about Non League Kettering ... my mistake !!

NG

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm guessing if he did go into the club shop, as usual, they would say "I dunno" and shrug their shoulders and not give a sh*t, this is the usual response i get. :D

EDIT: Just to add, this is really really tacky from the club. I'm extremely surprised that no one has brought this up before...
Funny, I don't get that response, when I ask a question *-)

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Right, I have just posed the question to Kelly, the response wasn't 'I dunno' with a not giving a sh*t attitude. This is the response:
The lettering came in before the season started, it was then reaslised that the lettering would be different, for League 2 shirts, but was decided, that they would keep the white lettering. They have only had one complaint, which they refunded the money.
New lettering will be in ready for next season, but also, the new lettering is more expensive to buy in, therefore, this will cost more to the customer.
IMO, it doesn't bother me what the lettering is, as long as the numbers are right.

older-codger

Purely as a matter of interest since my shirt isn't numbered - what is the difference in the numbering?

Does that make shirts bought last season very "non-league". And where does it leave the pledge that the home shirts would not be changed every season?

Is there different lettering for League 1 from League 2 meaning that new shirts will (hopefully) be required next season?

merely curious!!!

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Purely as a matter of interest since my shirt isn't numbered - what is the difference in the numbering?

Does that make shirts bought last season very "non-league". And where does it leave the pledge that the home shirts would not be changed every season?

Is there different lettering for League 1 from League 2 meaning that new shirts will (hopefully) be required next season?

merely curious!!!
The numbers have Coca Cola League on it. So therefore, is different to the conference numbers.
Shirts were not meant to be changed every season, but seeing as we are meant to be getting new shirt manufacturers, as the contract with Sho expires at the end of this season, it is inevitable for the shirt to change.
I am not a hundred percent sure, but I think the lettering is different, feel free for anyone to correct me on that.

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
Right, I have just posed the question to Kelly, the response wasn't 'I dunno' with a not giving a sh*t attitude. This is the response:
We all have our opinions on the shop, but we cannot just ignore 40% of the exeweb population...

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
We all have our opinions on the shop, but we cannot just ignore 40% of the exeweb population...
Well, obviously you can, as Kelly still works in the shop, which goes to show, that they don't take notice of what is put on exeweb, and 40% of exeweb, isn't 40% of every ECFC fan, that visits the park.
And hasn't this already been covered on another thread. I was merely pointing out, that if MaGZ wanted to know, why we are still using non0-league lettering, then ask in the shop. Which is exactly what I did, and got a response :-O

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well, obviously you can, as Kelly still works in the shop, which goes to show, that they don't take notice of what is put on exeweb, and 40% of exeweb, isn't 40% of every ECFC fan, that visits the park.
And hasn't this already been covered on another thread. I was merely pointing out, that if MaGZ wanted to know, why we are still using non0-league lettering, then ask in the shop. Which is exactly what I did, and got a response :-O
It's a forum.

People ask questions and we try and answer them.

Asking a question from the comfort of your computer chair is easier than making the "hike" from Beacon Heath, especially if you belive the answer you will recieve will not be adequate...

Obviuosly you don't think it's an issue that the club have been selling false/out of date lettering for 8 months, others do.