• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Northampton Town v Exeter City Matchday Thread - Kick off 2-00 PM

eurogrecian

Was our second goal an og? I can't work out how Aimson would have got to the ball and managed to put the ball where it ended up from the position he was in.
Well, I may be over-egging it for him but I thought it looked a great finish. He saw the defender hesitating, put on a sprint and as a defender himself, went to block the attempt to put the ball out for a corner. Looked like great anticipation to me.

Well, I may be over-egging it for him but I thought it looked a great finish. He saw the defender hesitating, put on a sprint and as a defender himself, went to block the attempt to put the ball out for a corner. Looked like great anticipation to me.
The defender was an attacker, Will Hoskins, whose been a nemesis for us in the past. Most attackers, but not all, are poor defenders and this was a perfect example.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
The defender was an attacker, Will Hoskins, whose been a nemesis for us in the past. Most attackers, but not all, are poor defenders and this was a perfect example.
So, our defender was better at attacking than their attacker was at defending. Which was nice.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hope we came across as loud and boisterous on the radio/iPlayer as we sounded in the ground.
City fans sounding very, very loud on iFollow.

roger wellman

Great win. Well done GC, staff, players and fans. So good to finish above Bristol Rovers. Nothing against KMT but I wouldn't like Rovers even if the Del Lai Rama was manager. Sorry to all you Rovers lovers in the City fanbase but that's just the way it is.
I stand to be corrected but I think 10 (TEN) away wins is a post war record of the 3rd tier and 4th tier of a City team. We had 9 under KMT in the promotion season and 4 or 5 (I think) in the Championship season. That is a brilliant achievement. Away wins were as rare as Unicorn sh!t not very long ago. I remember asking Gerry Francis what he would do about our away record which (which wasn't) very good and I don't think his answer was to 'follow the process'. Maybe it should of been. Good being a Grecian at the moment.

scottus86

Great win. Well done GC, staff, players and fans. So good to finish above Bristol Rovers. Nothing against KMT but I wouldn't like Rovers even if the Del Lai Rama was manager. Sorry to all you Rovers lovers in the City fanbase but that's just the way it is.
I stand to be corrected but I think 10 (TEN) away wins is a post war record of the 3rd tier and 4th tier of a City team. We had 9 under KMT in the promotion season and 4 or 5 (I think) in the Championship season. That is a brilliant achievement. Away wins were as rare as Unicorn sh!t not very long ago. I remember asking Gerry Francis what he would do about our away record which (which wasn't) very good and I don't think his answer was to 'follow the process'. Maybe it should of been. Good being a Grecian at the moment.
I thought Tisdale held the record for number of away wins?

Red faced

It seems strange now that for a long time there was a lot of discussion about players seemingly not improving under Gary's management and coaching.
TBF , at the time, I didn't think many were improving at all did you? Aimson , at one stage, seemed a liability but lok at him now!!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yet another manager who doesn't give any credit to the opposition for playing well. Apparently we won because we got a 'few breaks.'

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yet another manager who doesn't give any credit to the opposition for playing well. Apparently we won because we got a 'few breaks.'
"Pleased with the way we played".

Really? They were a dreadful watch

tonykellowfan

I must admit that at 1-1 I thought we would lose.

I am probably in a minority of 1 here but I thought the ref had a good game. It's a straight red for the headbutt every time and that's not the ref's fault. The only decision he got wrong was the drop ball after the clash of heads which should have gone to City. The same thing happened in a Premier League game recently and that ref got pelters for it afterwards.