• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
One of the jury members has since said he was guilty on the evidence offered & was not the only one, but was never going to vote guilty because of what happened in the trail of the LAPD officers who were acquitted for the Rodney King beating.
"Trail" or "trial" there Olds?
The EW autocorrect is getting very Fox News if the former.

OJ Simpson. Aged 76 after losing his battle with cancer.
Excellent. He should have died in jail

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Via NLM

RIP TREVOR BAILEY

The Exiles are extremely saddened to hear of the death of Trevor Bailey.

Trevor is the brother of former City player Danny (who came and saw us at Orient on Tuesday) and Gary Bailey who has travelled with the Exiles in the past.

Trevor was well known and respected in and around Walthamstow for his coaching work with youth players and in particular Interwood FC.

Our thoughts are with Danny and Gary and the rest of the Bailey family.

Oldsmobile-88

Excellent. He should have died in jail
I have never killed a man, but I’ve read a lot of obituaries with pleasure.

Clarence Darrow(1857-1938)

fred binneys head

He will of course always be remembered for the sensational 1995 trial where he was in the dock for the murder of his ex wife & boyfriend.
I heard on radio 4 today that the man that was murdered was not OJ’s ex-wife’s boyfriend at all, but was simply a waiter at a restaurant she ate at that evening who was at her house returning something she left at the restaurant. Wrong place, wrong time.

Don’t know how accurate that is, but it was said with authority.

Oldsmobile-88

I heard on radio 4 today that the man that was murdered was not OJ’s ex-wife’s boyfriend at all, but was simply a waiter at a restaurant she ate at that evening who was at her house returning something she left at the restaurant. Wrong place, wrong time.

Don’t know how accurate that is, but it was said with authority.
Yep, It was a platonic friendship with the waiter(Ronald Goldman) They were aquatinted. Not partners.
OJ was a very possessive man, as well as a documented ‘wife abuser’ He frequently spied on his ex wife through the windows if she took anyone back to her house.
In the documentary I mentioned, some of his closest friends said they knew he was guilty.

I was in LA when the not guilty verdict came in, widespread shock & a bit of relief because parts of the city were a tinderbox after the race riots following the Rodney King saga. No one knew what would happen if a guilty verdict was announced. Simpson was a hero to many in the black community.
Simpson went to a fancy restaurant a few days after his acquittal, all of the diners walked out.

STURTZ

Yep, It was a platonic friendship with the waiter(Ronald Goldman) They were aquatinted. Not partners.
Aquatinted? 😁

Rosencrantz

Aquatinted? 😁
Yep, both a shade of light, bright blue.

Stelios

A excellent biographical documentary about the trial with the events leading up to the murders plus all the main participants is. O J : Made in America.
It’s a must watch for anyone who is interested in that era.

One of the jury members has since said he was guilty on the evidence offered & was not the only one, but was never going to vote guilty because of what happened in the trail of the LAPD officers who were acquitted for the Rodney King beating.
100% . Possibly the best documentary I have ever watched. A must watch (don't know if it's still on the iPlayer

Oldsmobile-88

100% . Possibly the best documentary I have ever watched. A must watch (don't know if it's still on the iPlayer
I just goes to show what a lot of money for a top defense(sic) attorney can achieve.

Slightly off topic but the documentary on Patty Hurst..The radical story of Patty Hurst is as good.