• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

OFF: ECFC V Barnsley : MDT 24th January 7.45pm

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’d be very ****** off if it was called off later and I was half way up to Barnsley if it were the other way around. If there’s significant doubt now they need to call it off
Could the Club have called it off though ? Surely that is only the match referee's decision to make (or a local FA approved stand in) ? :unsure:

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
The lack of noise from the club is frustrating. They should at least give some updates on whether the pitch is OK, or if there's an inspection planned. It's already too late for the Barnsley fans but many of our own fans will be looking to make travel plans as well.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'll be even more hacked off it we're denied the chance to see Jokull at the park again.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'll be even more hacked off it we're denied the chance to see Jokull at the park again.
Personally, if Jamal is indeed unavailable, I hope Harry gets to start.

Boyo

Could turn out to be an error not putting the frost covers down over the entire pitch, if it transpires that the uncovered areas turn out to be a problem ? :unsure:
Any parts of the pitch that have been in the direct sunlight today, will have thawed. The parts of the pitch that are covered are the sections that receive the least sunlight. The areas of most concern will be the sections of the pitch in the shadow of the main stand and the away end.

Bat Fastard

Could the Club have called it off though ? Surely that is only the match referee's decision to make (or a local FA approved stand in) ? :unsure:
Not sure what the protocol is, but surely if someone from the club rings up the Fa and says the pitch is unplayable it counts for something

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure what the protocol is, but surely if someone from the club rings up the Fa and says the pitch is unplayable it counts for something
I assume that someone independent needs to inspect the pitch. Otherwise you could claim we called it off because of injuries etc

Any parts of the pitch that have been in the direct sunlight today, will have thawed. The parts of the pitch that are covered are the sections that receive the least sunlight. The areas of most concern will be the sections of the pitch in the shadow of the main stand and the away end.
How about we agree to play Josh Key at left back and for both halves attack the St James Road end? Problem solved.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
It counts for nothing. Even at low level village football a ref has to call off a game! This is a situation where the club simply cannot win although I do agree that the lack of information is pizz poor

Bridgy 81

Maybe you’ll have to get yourself up to Milton Keynes on Saturday if you want another glimpse of Jökull.