• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

OFF: ECFC V Barnsley : MDT 24th January 7.45pm

tonykellowfan

Once the club shared the photo of the ground frozen this morning there was always a very high chance it would be called off.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
You have to wonder how unplayable it is though. If the club seriously thought it was in doubt, surely they would have made earlier announcements?
But it's not the club's decision to make. With hindsight [it's a beautiful thing], the club might have been better advised to say that while they were optimistic, the final decision, which rested with the referee, would be communicated as soon as it was known, and left it at that.

This is a very late decision and even if it is down to the officials, I hope we can in some way compensate the Barnsley fans who travelled.
I also hope we'll learn some lessons from this re the pitch and its coverings, plus how we keep fans informed.

budegrecian

[QUOTE="milts, post: 2157673, member: 1
You have to wonder how unplayable it is though. If the club seriously thought it was in doubt, surely they would have made earlier announcements?
[/QUOTE]
Agreed, I can only assume Chas has been checking on the pitch during the day & thought it was ok, but the ref had other ideas when he arrived.
Poor comms though.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Glad I’d left the house and was on the way to the black horse to then have to turn around and go home again 🙁

sspetecarroll

Match off? man. I was looking forward to following along tonight.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Absolutely pathetic. Terrible communication, call it off at farking lunchtime.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is a very late decision and even if it is down to the officials, I hope we can in some way compensate the Barnsley fans who travelled.
I also hope we'll learn some lessons from this re the pitch and its coverings, plus how we keep fans informed.
Should we do similar? Peterborough United: Posh owners to pay for 30 Charlton fans' coaches for rearranged League One game - BBC Sport

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Free pasties in FECRACE though

Horses get an easier ride than football fans...today's racing at Exeter was called off at 3pm.............yesterday.