• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rashford isn't a bad striker at the moment, should probably start like he should have done against France.
Not a bad striker? He's arguably the best in the world currently.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
He has. Rashford, Toney and Kane are all forwards.
Not enough IMO.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not enough IMO.
Fair enough but he's only likely to play 1 or 2 of the 3 at one time so for the up coming squad it should be enough

onemansview

My home is Chesterfield but my heart is in Tokyo
Toney is in a similar sort of situation to Jevani, England wouldn't pick him for the World Cup Finals, yet the wheels of justice at the FA are grinding even slower than the English Court system ! If they do actually play him now , that decision should surely help ECFC end their ridiculous decision to exclude Jevani from selection any longer !
Don't think you can class the situations as the same, can you? I'm no lawyer but I thought Toney is only on an FA charge of breaking their laws and not yet a police matter, whereas Jevani's is in the criminal system and still to be tried.

Bat Fastard

Toney is in a similar sort of situation to Jevani, England wouldn't pick him for the World Cup Finals, yet the wheels of justice at the FA are grinding even slower than the English Court system ! If they do actually play him now , that decision should surely help ECFC end their ridiculous decision to exclude Jevani from selection any longer !
also interesting to compare with kyle walker....video evidence of him getting his todger out in a manchester bar yet still representing both club and country

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
also interesting to compare with kyle walker....video evidence of him getting his todger out in a manchester bar yet still representing both club and country
Nothing to see here, move along......

andrew p long

Don't think you can class the situations as the same, can you? I'm no lawyer but I thought Toney is only on an FA charge of breaking their laws and not yet a police matter, whereas Jevani's is in the criminal system and still to be tried.
The differences between Toney and Jevani include-

Toney has been proven guilty (he's admitted most of the charges) whereas it remains possible that Jevani will be found to have done nothing wrong

the rules Toney's broken are football's rules whereas Jevani's are nothing to do with football

Toney has 262 charges, Jevani 1. Toney has admitted 'most but not all'. So 200+ breaches, of a type that normally lead to a lengthy ban.

So I'm astonished that England have picked Toney to represent England and the FA now.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exactly. They are wingers 😁
OK, if you want to call them wingers, we only play with one striker in that case so why would we need 3 in the squad? We only have 2 matches and they are qualifiers and tricky ones at that. Kane will play both and I'd imagine Rashford would probably play down the middle before Toney gets a sniff. Toney may come on if we are cruising. No need for Watkins no matter how much ECFC fans love him.

iscalad

Exactly. They are wingers 😁
I thought wingers had been defunct since 1966. :rolleyes:

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
OK, if you want to call them wingers, we only play with one striker in that case so why would we need 3 in the squad? We only have 2 matches and they are qualifiers and tricky ones at that. Kane will play both and I'd imagine Rashford would probably play down the middle before Toney gets a sniff. Toney may come on if we are cruising. No need for Watkins no matter how much ECFC fans love him.
Because sometimes Kane is shit, to be frank, when he's not 100%. Why does any team have multiple players for the same position? Daft question.