• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wouldn't be surprised if he's overlooked instead of Cole Palmer in the next England squad. Southgate loves a Chelsea player
Why would he get overlooked for Cole Palmer? They don't play in anything like the same positions.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Really hope I am wrong but I have a nasty feeling that he is going to miss out again.

denzel

Toney now being talked up. Has he done much since he came back??

I BET he hasn't.

Stelios

Scored in his first few games back and had people talking him up but hasn't scored for a few games. He does look sharp/fit though. Brentford as a whole have gone off the boil.

The main criticism I've seen of Ollie is he's too nice. Tries to play people in instead of shooting etc

If Ollie keeps scoring I can't see him being left out

andrew p long

In the 27 man England squad along with Kane, Toney and Jarrod Bowen. And Marcus Rashford. Only 23 go to the tournament in the summer, so there's still decisions to be made.

Seemed plain to me from the way he talked that Southgate wants to take Toney . IIRC says Watkins is 'in good form', rather than how good he is.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
In the squad for the upcoming games against Brazil and Belgium.

Toney recalled so still a ? over Ollie’s place in Euro squad.

andrew p long

In the 27 man England squad along with Kane, Toney and Jarrod Bowen. And Marcus Rashford. Only 23 go to the tournament in the summer, so there's still decisions to be made.

Seemed plain to me from the way he talked that Southgate wants to take Toney . IIRC says Watkins is 'in good form', rather than how good he is.
Correction - 25 not 27. Squad still needs to be trimmed for the summer. Southgate was asked whether he could take both Toney and Watkins and he said 'maybe yes, maybe no - depends on how versatile the other selections are'

DB9

Opens the scoring against Ajax.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Correction - 25 not 27. Squad still needs to be trimmed for the summer. Southgate was asked whether he could take both Toney and Watkins and he said 'maybe yes, maybe no - depends on how versatile the other selections are'

Ollie doing the business tonight for Villa scores with a brilliant flying header hope that Southgate has seen it.