• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
I used to take nytol if I couldn't sleep, now I think videos of England playing would be better. So very very boring. Unless Ollie can make something happen he'll end up well down the the pecking order

Don't know why I bother watching England friendlies. I get suckered into it every time...a chance to see the 'elites' play, blah, blah, blah.

What a snoozefest. Bring on City v The Turks!

andrew p long

What do you expect from a set of reserves who have never played together before against a team that defend very deep? It also doesn't play tomOllie's strengths as the opposition leave no space in behind for him to run onto. He's far more effective against teams who push forward/play a high line etc.

denzel

...and off he goes for Kane.

Last edited:

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not a great start team spending most of the game passing the ball backwards and Southgate never seems to set the team up or understand how to do so to play to Ollie’s strengths unlike Villa’s manager.
I think the difference between England and Villa is that 9 games out of 10 England will start as strong favourites so have to dominate possession and be more patient. Despite finishing fourth, I'm still not sure that applies to Villa. They still allow other teams to have the ball and hit them on the counter, which suits Ollie's game.

If he's selected, Ollie might do better later in the tournament, against better opposition (see away at Arsenal this season), maybe coming on later in the game.

Reactions: CC

iscalad

Just switched it on....goal
Edit..and another one.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ollie off for Kane Toney still on bench which ought to be good news generally for Ollie’s hopes of being in the squad for the Euros

denzel

Ollie off for Kane Toney still on bench which ought to be good news generally for Ollie’s hopes of being in the squad for the Euros
He will probably play Toney on Friday.

Shame for Ollie today as he didn't get a chance to score the penalty, so everyone is raving about Cole Palmer who otherwise had a poor game, and Kane gets a lucky goal.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Ollie had zero service in the first half. Abysmal from England. Picked up a bit in the second half, but still poor, despite the 3 goals, and tedious to watch imo.

iscalad

He will probably play Toney on Friday.

Shame for Ollie today as he didn't get a chance to score the penalty, so everyone is raving about Cole Palmer who otherwise had a poor game, and Kane gets a lucky goal.
Lucky?? Right place, right time...