• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sadly our Ollie needed to score tonight to be on the plane to Europe Champs.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
It hasn't happened for Ollie in an England shirt so far but he's still got time to be a regular.

He probably doesn't deserve his place on the plane for the Euros going on his England form. 2 chances tonight and needed to take one of them. A tough game for him with Bosnia playing 5 at the back and sitting so deep.

As much as we're all pleased with him and how successful he's been in his career, some people really need to take their rose tinters off when it comes to Ollie and England.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ollie simply hasn't done enough tonight. I honestly dont believe he will feature much, if at all, at the tournament. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am.

denzel

It hasn't happened for Ollie in an England shirt so far but he's still got time to be a regular.

He probably doesn't deserve his place on the plane for the Euros going on his England form. 2 chances tonight and needed to take one of them. A tough game for him with Bosnia playing 5 at the back and sitting so deep.

As much as we're all pleased with him and how successful he's been in his career, some people really need to take their rose tinters off when it comes to Ollie and England.
I think he will be on the plane but will only be back up. Could still take both him and Toney, but unless Toney plays and scores on Friday I still think Ollie is ahead of him.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
You could see the disappointment on his face when he was subbed.He knew he hadn't done enough . Toney will get his opportunity in the next match and it will only take one goal for Southgate to make up his mind.

Colesman Ballz

You could see the disappointment on his face when he was subbed.He knew he hadn't done enough . Toney will get his opportunity in the next match and it will only take one goal for Southgate to make up his mind.
Or one more bet ! :cool:

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Or one more bet ! :cool:
Presumably an each way bet - Ollie or him !

elginCity

Fine margins …. that great pass from Trent over Ollie’s shoulder when he tried to lob the keeper but mistimed it. Had that connected …..

grecIAN Harris

You lot are always so pessimistic when it comes to Ollie and England. He'll be in the squad. Southgate isn't going to leave out the highest scoring English striker in the Premier League. Last night was down to Gallagher and TAA not moving the ball quickly enough through midfield to disrupt a well drilled Bosnian side rather than anything Ollie was or wasn't doing.

Trapdoor

Horrible game for Ollie, Bosnia set up in a very negative defensive way with a game plan of grinding out a nil-nil. Not a good game for any striker to shine in.
Once they conceded the penalty the game started to open up a bit but Ollie was off the pitch at that point.

I still think Ollie will be on the plane if Southgate has any clue what he's doing because he offers something different. Gallagher had a stinker and Palmer looked pretty poor despite scoring a penalty (just).