• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
I take you back to October 2014 v Coventry in the EFL Trophy....and Ollie's first professional goal (y) :)

Legohead

Banned
Makes you think of the amazing progress he has made in such a relatively short space of time. A really decent and grounded lad too. I'm really pleased he's achieving what he is right now.

Spoonz Red E

A bit of history there.
I'm sure there are TV highlights somewhere but I love the fact that this is filmed from the Exeter end on a Fan's mobile with all the shakiness, the ball pinging around aimlessley for a good minute before the goal and the crowd noise captured.

Well done Paul Sussex.

I wonder if Ollie knows about this clip?

eurogrecian

I take you back to October 2014 v Coventry in the EFL Trophy....and Ollie's first professional goal (y) :)
Great clip! How many times have we seen him cut inside like that before finding the corner of the net?! :)
He did score a couple in some pre-season friendlies earlier in the season.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

How great it is to hear City fans in full voice; not that we need any reminder of what we're missing at the moment.

onemansview

My home is Chesterfield but my heart is in Tokyo
Makes you think of the amazing progress he has made in such a relatively short space of time. A really decent and grounded lad too. I'm really pleased he's achieving what he is right now.
To all of us Villa watchers he has been a real breath of fresh air. I hope he will get a shot at the Euro's as he fully deserves it for his efforts this year. He has ran himself into the ground chasing lost causes and often making something out of nothing. He would be something different off the bench without doubt.

IndoMike

According to footie gossip, Dean Smith wants to bring Tammy Abrahams, a fans favourite, back to Villa and put Ollie back out on the wing. Can't help but think that would be a mistake. Abrahams has never done it in the PL and he'll just block the free movement of Ollie and Ollie's pressing through the middle. Ollie is better than Abrahams. Why do managers always have to tinker when they've already got something good going on?

CWH-NYC_

I would think he is a shoe in for the Euro's, Southgate has watched him plenty of times recently and besides being good on the pitch he is not going to make a mess off of it.
As for IndoMikes's footie gossip- well that i just can't see happening, think Dean Smith is way more astute than that.
Only thing that concerns me, i am crap at footie predictions, so very rarely make them.

IndoMike

I would think he is a shoe in for the Euro's, Southgate has watched him plenty of times recently and besides being good on the pitch he is not going to make a mess off of it.
As for IndoMikes's footie gossip- well that i just can't see happening, think Dean Smith is way more astute than that.
Only thing that concerns me, i am crap at footie predictions, so very rarely make them.
Occasionally I look at the Villa's forum. Their fans think he's the best thing since sliced bread after his very successful loan spell with them a couple of seasons ago
But as I said, the article is just gossip.

grecIAN Harris

According to footie gossip, Dean Smith wants to bring Tammy Abrahams, a fans favourite, back to Villa and put Ollie back out on the wing. Can't help but think that would be a mistake. Abrahams has never done it in the PL and he'll just block the free movement of Ollie and Ollie's pressing through the middle. Ollie is better than Abrahams. Why do managers always have to tinker when they've already got something good going on?
He's scored 30 goals for Chelsea in the last two seasons, bare in mind this season hasn't finished yet, and is still only 23. Hardly a player who hasn't done it.