• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Oxford United vs Exeter City Matchday Thread

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
What do you thing the scoreline would have been if it fairly reflected the play? I'd vote 5-3 to them (or possibly 4-3 or 4-2).

(I'm with those who thought the SSN reporter got this completely wrong. It was as if her needle had got stuck at the 30 minute mark - yep then we were under the cosh and very lucky to get to half time level. The game changed in the second half, but her reports didn't...)
I didn't watch Sky, what was their summation and who was at the game?

CraigECFC

With the way both Tisdale & Taylor defended corners I don’t remember scoring on the counter very often, if at all? I could be wrong. GC clearly spends a lot of time on set pieces, both attacking and defending. Although he does still bring everyone back… he sets up to counter quickly. The fastest man in Caprice on the edge, Nombe set up so he can break to the top edge of the box as soon as the ball goes over his head, and Stanno’s reaction to break was also very quick.

Coaches don’t often get credit for little things like this but have to give GC a lot of credit for that. I’m sure one of these imaginative attacking corner routines will come to fruition soon too.

Grecian2K

Credit most of all to Caprice though (although what he was doing as the "one man up front" to collect the clearance from the corner was either a tactical master plan or just a bit of good luck?)

But that lung-busting run to set up the winner was probably one of the most impressive bits of Grecian committment seen for a while!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Credit most of all to Caprice though (although what he was doing as the "one man up front" to collect the clearance from the corner was either a tactical master plan or just a bit of good luck?)

But that lung-busting run to set up the winner was probably one of the most impressive bits of Grecian committment seen for a while!
This run was very similar to the second goal at Oldham. However, possibly even more impressive are the lung-bursting runs the length of the pitch to create an overlap which is then ignored by his team-mate - something that seemed to happen quite a lot last season.

Red Devon

Caprice’s pace was eye catching yesterday, he’s always been quick but yesterday especially in the second half he positively flying.

andrew p long

I didn't watch Sky, what was their summation and who was at the game?
The summary was 'Exeter have stolen this - their goal is entirely against the run of play'

the reporter was new to me ,can't remember her name.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have to say that, listening to the oxford comms on Ifollow via iptv (dont ask🤫), they were very fair in their comments on the game, berating the ref for the many wrong decisions against both sides. Unusual to hear.
Although they did make comment that City fans don't travel well. I've always thought that we travelled in good numbers, particularly as a percentage of our home attendances. I often look at the away end at a home game and think to myself that we'd take so many more to their place.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Caprice’s pace was eye catching yesterday, he’s always been quick but yesterday especially in the second half he positively flying.
He's the most improved player since Caldwell has taken over.