• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Peterborough United v Exeter City match day thread

cannockred

Subs and switch of formation meant we lost control of the game at a crucial stage. I thought we did give a decent showing though and pressed well.

Another positive was Alli looked a handful and was looking to get involved in the game. Nearly scored a header late in the game and gives us something different.
We had lost control in the first 20odd minutes of the second half about the time when aimson, sweenz and Harper were injured all within a few minutes of each other. We were very iffy during that time.

Simba3011

Baffling he persists with playing players out of position over and over. We've got a fully fit squad I don't get the overthinking.

red1

Plenty of possession in the final 3rd yet their keeper was virtually a spectator. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe the media boys can ask Caldwell????????
Sadly they volunteers they all have contract terms forbidding any dissention from "Super Gary Caldwell" mantra !

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sadly they volunteers they all have contract terms forbidding any dissention from "Super Gary Caldwell" mantra !
Sorry first "they" should read "like" !

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can you share the contracts for the volunteers that you've got hold of?

Papa John

Yeah it’s completely different. If joe white is turning is respectable performances for Newcastle after his showings with us last year I’d be reluctant to write anybody off though! Agree though, can’t be good for the lads confidence…he’ll know he’s not been up to scratch id expect
I can’t see Harris securing a championship loan I reckon he will be loaned to Wigan next season as Marco Silva has a close relationship with the manager

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Expected result, actually better than expected. Not worried, we've got plenty of quality out there, just not as much as Posh.
We're league 1 survivors, not promotion candidates.

denzel

Expected result, actually better than expected. Not worried, we've got plenty of quality out there, just not as much as Posh.
We're league 1 survivors, not promotion candidates.
I'm not happy with any defeat, it's Peterborough not Man City. They were recently beaten by Wycombe and Wigan (and us!)
Were you happy with one point from Lincoln and Fleetwood?

Red Devon

First half I thought we competed very well with a good high press that unusually allowed us to play our football in the Peterborough half of the field…Second half very poor indeed and barely managed a threatening attack on the Posh goal until Milanic put a header onto the top of the Peterborough net in the 99th minute