• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Peterborough United v Exeter City match day thread

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
3 stanzas of eloquent prose, when you could've just said - he's a crap manager.
But my point was he is perfectly capable of being a good manager. He's done the hard part of getting the players to play how he wants and then he goes and fecks it all up by playing players out of position, making bizarre substitutions and carrying out needless and pointless experiments at the business end of the season. I simply don't understand why he does this...

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Players did what they could but can someone tell the Tw...t is charge that the time for experimenting is pre- season NOT when you are trying to amass points to avoid relegation.

1. Why start with Ben at centreback when you have proper ones available ?
2. After they score the winner why bring on Harry for Will to play him out of position at full back - you could have brought Ily back to full back and let Harry shore up midfield and do the job that Woods did so well where their 2nd goal came from
3. Why not start the strikers you have apparently been looking for all season ?

At this stage players should be played in their best positions - you have been given all you wanted GC TINKERING should cease !
Did Ben start at centre-back? I thought he started out wide and was then switched to the middle for a bit and being beaten in the build-up to the first goal.

STURTZ

I'm not happy with any defeat, it's Peterborough not Man City. They were recently beaten by Wycombe and Wigan (and us!)
Were you happy with one point from Lincoln and Fleetwood?
Difference being, I expected to lose today.

denzel

So did I, but getting in at half time level then conspiring to lose it due to poor subs and finishing feels like a missed opportunity.
What's your feeling about Bolton? Should I turn up or do something useful next Saturday?

Grecian Max

I'm not sure that you can say we are not in form. First half we were Josh's equals and last 20 we shared. Difference for me was about 5 million quid up front.
I can say that because it’s based on our… form

We’ve lost three of our last four, only gaining a point from Fleetwood who are second bottom

We are not in good form

manc grecian

But my point was he is perfectly capable of being a good manager. He's done the hard part of getting the players to play how he wants and then he goes and fecks it all up by playing players out of position, making bizarre substitutions and carrying out needless and pointless experiments at the business end of the season. I simply don't understand why he does this...
Because he thinks he's a better manager than he is.

Grecian Max

It’s not these games that will put us into trouble and potentially relegate us

STURTZ

So easy to say that if Kite had played defensive midfield, Cheik had been Center back and Niskanen not played we would have won today. Not necessarily true however but an argument that it's impossible to argue against. Personally still think we would have lost.
My only gripe was with Wildshutt coming on, he's rubbish!

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Results like this are to be expected. It's the home draws to dross like Fleetwood that'll see us back in the mire.

arthur

Results like this are to be expected. It's the home draws to dross like Fleetwood that'll see us back in the mire.
Dross like Fleetwood who put four past Wigan today...