• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Peterborough United v Exeter City match day thread

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would say in relation to Harris that Trevitt from Brentford was a far better player for us and I suspect that Harris may well turn out to be another over hyped youngster who may struggle to make the grade in the mens game.
Trevitt, like Stanno before him, had games where he looked like a world beater and games where he struggled to have an impact. Harris has definitely been more of the latter so far but I'm still hopeful he can offer more, especially if we can get him playing alongside Alli and Aitchison.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
We have had 6 shots on target in our last 4 matches at an average of 1.5 per match.

Over around 380 minutes of football six on target.

Derby 2
Lincoln 1
Fleetwood 2
Peterborough 1.

In 36 matches we have scored 27 goals at an average of 0.75 per match. If we stay at that rough average we will score 7-8 goals across our last 10 matches giving us 34-35 goals in 46 matches.

Only Shrewsbury are below us on goals scored by 1
Chiecks fault

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Attendance 7,496 of which 344 were Exeter City fans.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Duncan Ferguson on the win

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The timing of the subs for me and who went off definitely put us on the back foot, we might well have got a point today - which would have arguably been deserved - if GC had managed that better. But he didn’t.
Or maybe it was nothing to do with the tactics and simply that Peterborough were able to bring a higher quality of players off the bench. Jade-Jones and Clarke-Harris would walk into most starting elevens in League 1 and I would guess are on wages considerably higher than we would be able to justify paying.

supernova

Trevitt appears a very good prospect shame what happened to him with respect to his injury.
On 14 July 2023, Trevitt joined League One club Exeter City on a season-long loan. A starter during the first half of the season when fit, Trevitt's performances and three goals in October 2023 won him the club's Player of the Month award. His brace in a 3–2 EFL Cup fourth round defeat to Middlesbrough on 31 October was recognised with a nomination for the competition's Player of the Round award. On 3 January 2024, Trevitt underwent surgery on an ankle injury suffered during a 2–0 defeat to Cambridge United on 22 December 2023. He was recalled by Brentford five days later and finished the loan with 23 appearances five goals and three assists.
Thanks for the info mate

arthur

Quite nice about us.

Raved about Archie...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Quite nice about us.

Raved about Archie...
Archie was their man of the match.

Reactions: Ash

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster

ferguson quotes such as - nobody going to care about anything other than the result and quite rightly so and the bit where he highlights our glaring defieciency in CM where he says because we play with only two in there that was where he aimed to expose us. Pretty much highlights for me the problem that has been blindingly obvious that until or unless we play with 3 centrally we get overrun and as soon as we are turned over we invariably concede a goal. This is the bit that annoys me with GC as this is happening time and time again yet he refuses to change something opposition managers are clearly using as a tactic against us.

The interviewer needed to have switched on his mic though as it was funny to watch him speaking into a mic with no sound level

Last edited:

malcolms

Whatever the purported debts, they were still able to spend the best part of a million pounds last summer on one of the best young midfielders in the division. And there is a very good chance that those debts will be wiped out in the summer when Ivan Toney is sold by Brentford.
This is the response of the Peterborough Chairman on the rumours of a large sell on clause for Ivan Toney..

“Complete misinformation, it even had me double checking the contract just now and the sell-on clause. Nobody pays £10million for a [League One] signing and pays 30 per cent sell-on… nobody."