• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Player of the Season

Terryhall

Absolutely - I agree with all the points made in all the other posts in the thread so far, my personal opinion is that Boateng edges it. And Jason, you're dead right that it's a good indicator that we can go right through the team and find a possible POTY candidate in most areas of the field.

Last edited:

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agreed, a hallmark of a successful season is when there are several truly deserving candidates for POTY.
A high quality problem :)

tonykellowfan

Reuben Reid for me.

Bittners a Legend

I've gone for Jake Taylor but think Stockey's goal return is very good given that he hasn't taken the penalties and wasn't part of the side until September.

Pym a narrow third for me.

No mention yet for Jordan Tillson. Not entirely surprised but he has been very effective this year and I think he was a big part of our early season form.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Did Wheeler play a couple of games at the start of the season?

Red Bill

Got to be Pym for me. Understand why people are going for Stockley particularly considering what a lonely figure he's often looked this season, but goals kept out are every bit as important as goals put in, and I think Pym has been outstanding this year.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was a toss up for me between Christy and Sweeney but went for Pym in the end. Pierce Sweeney has been a revelation this season, check out the pre season worries about not having a right back, and his goals tally has been a real bonus too but even so Pym shades it for me.

Red Bill

It was a toss up for me between Christy and Sweeney but went for Pym in the end. Pierce Sweeney has been a revelation this season, check out the pre season worries about not having a right back, and his goals tally has been a real bonus too but even so Pym shades it for me.
Good points about Sweeney and I was definitely one of those who was complaining about not having an RB, but of all Tisdale's attempts to turn players into RBs, Sweeney is by far the most successful. And he certainly knows how to take a penalty!

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
No one going for Lloyd James?
I almost went for him for his consistency ;)

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
It is not an easy call and a couple players called upon to play in positions other than their normal ones have done well. Pierce Sweeney not a natural right back but has settled in well in that position and Dean Moxey not a natural centre back but has looked sound when called upon to play there in the absence of JMT and Troy Brown.

POTY for me is between Pym, Boateng, Taylor and Stockley. JMT would have also been a definite candidate for his leadership of the team and goals which have helped the team come back from the dead but has once again had a season where he has been sidelined with injuries for too long.

Probably of the other four Pym and Stockley have been the most consistent. Pym stopping goals going in and Stockley scoring at the other end. It could also be argued that Pym has his defence to protect him whereas Stockley to a very large extent has been up there battling on his own. Nevertheless I believe a good goalkeeper provides the bed rock of every successful team so my vote has gone to Pym.