• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Player of the Season

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
A high quality problem :)
You are Paul Tisdale and I claim my £5.

I've gone for Jake Taylor but think Stockey's goal return is very good given that he hasn't taken the penalties and wasn't part of the side until September.

Pym a narrow third for me.

No mention yet for Jordan Tillson. Not entirely surprised but he has been very effective this year and I think he was a big part of our early season form.

Gone for Taylor - engine, scored some vital goals,big heart,plenty of assists too, would have played every game but was ill for one match during the warm up.
Pym close 2nd, Stockley 3rd - he has had a few few assists from Taylor too, there was some stat flying around about that?

Tough one to call.

Last edited:

Oliver

Stockley for me by a country mile.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Lee Holmes said we should vote for Christy Pym.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stockley for me by a country mile.
Although I fully understand the reasons for people voting for Stockley I didn't because these awards seem to go to goalscorers too often for me. I'm on my own mini boycott of voting for strikers as a result.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Although I fully understand the reasons for people voting for Stockley I didn't because these awards seem to go to goalscorers too often for me. I'm on my own mini boycott of voting for strikers as a result.
That’s because the do the hardest job on the pitch

Legohead

Banned
Ordinarily i'd fully agree with you Billy. It's often so easy to give these awards to the strikers but Stockley has led the line up front alone AND weighed in with a sackful of goals without having any regular recognizable partner to share both the workload and the goals burden. So for example at Liverpool you've got Salah but Firmino, Mane et al also score regularly. What Stockley has done this season has been nothing short of magnificent and without him the season would already be over.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Stockley is irreplaceable in City’s side - you would say he’s the only one.....JMT comes close....

Take Stockley 19 league goals out & were mid table at best - who could replace him ? Nobody....

Our next best goal scorer (attacker) is Mcalinden with 3 (taking out Ruben Reid)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am prepared to temporarily suspend my boycott of voting for goalscorers in the Goal of the Season comp though.

Stockley is irreplaceable in City’s side - you would say he’s the only one.....JMT comes close....

Take Stockley 19 league goals out & were mid table at best - who could replace him ? Nobody....

Our next best goal scorer (attacker) is Mcalinden with 3 (taking out Ruben Reid)

Absolute rubbish if we didn't have Stockley then we would have bought another striker. Midfield players are allowed to score as well!
Lets have your opinion then where the following would be without their main striker....
1 Billy Kee Accrington Stanley 23 goals
2 Mohamed Eisa Cheltenham Town 21
3 Danny Hylton Luton Town 20
4 Marc McNulty Coventry City 20
5 James Collins Luton Town 18
6 Christian Doidge Forest Green 18