• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yet again Wishi-Washi-Rishi at PMQs being totally eviscerated by SKS and making even Truss's 49 day old lettuce look like a garden-fresh iceberg.

Chester By-election tomorrow. I'm surprise Jigzy hasn't been on already with his usual brand of right-wing psepholical expertise!
wrt Chester, I thought I already did, which was "meh". Having said that, I'd be interested to see how many votes Reform gets and if they beat TBP's 2019 share (of 2.5%).

Regarding Sunak and popularity amongst the membership, I'm not sure who it was on here that was saying who knows if the membership are happy or not....well the Daily Wail would claim that they're very much not:

I give him until some time in the summer.

Last edited:

arthur

Regarding Sunak and popularity amongst the membership

That's why he'll go to the country in the Spring

Reactions: DB9

DB9

wrt Chester, I thought I already did, which was "meh". Having said that, I'd be interested to see how many votes Reform gets and if they beat TBP's 2019 share (of 2.5%).

Regarding Sunak and popularity amongst the membership, I'm not sure who it was on here that was saying who knows if the membership are happy or not....well the Daily Wail would claim that they're very much not:

Another leadership contest will spark a GE, The public won't accept another leader/pm bid, All the Tories said this when Sunak got the job, They want a "Grown Up" style PM, A bit of a "Quiet time" after the debacle of the last few years. As for the By-Election, there's not much news around about it, Unlike some in the past.

Grecian2K

Jigzy. Don't even you find it somewhat worrying during these times of increasing crisis that, even amongst your own party membership (apart from Ben Wallace who, I'll admit does she a relatively decent and principled chap - which, by definition, rules him out as leader of the present Tory party) the only no-hopes to score more than 50% "satisfaction rating", even from the faithful sheep, are Kemi Badenough and James Stupidly?

Mind you, even the head honcho of CONservative Home has recently gone on record as saying the he could no longer vote for his (former?) party.

And even Lord Snooty is now admitting that the current maladministration has "no mandate or authority".

Surely, for the national and democratic good at very least, the current ragbag of a so-called government to submit itself to "the will of the people" - preferably sooner rather than later.

Mr Jinx

Jigzy. Don't even you find it somewhat worrying during these times of increasing crisis that, even amongst your own party membership (apart from Ben Wallace who, I'll admit does she a relatively decent and principled chap - which, by definition, rules him out as leader of the present Tory party) the only no-hopes to score more than 50% "satisfaction rating", even from the faithful sheep, are Kemi Badenough and James Stupidly?

Mind you, even the head honcho of CONservative Home has recently gone on record as saying the he could no longer vote for his (former?) party.

And even Lord Snooty is now admitting that the current maladministration has "no mandate or authority".

Surely, for the national and democratic good at very least, the current ragbag of a so-called government to submit itself to "the will of the people" - preferably sooner rather than later.
My own party? Has Ben Wallace defected or summat? What have I missed?

Grecian2K

My own party? Has Ben Wallace defected or summat? What have I missed?
It's ok Jigz.

It's your party
You can cry if you want to. 🤪

angelic upstart

So the interesting bits of the census are out. Interesting that we're now less than 50% christian. I strongly suspect that those with no religion will increase hugely again in the next census.

Is it time to give the CofE the boot in terms of being in the public and become a secular country?

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
So the interesting bits of the census are out. Interesting that we're now less than 50% christian. I strongly suspect that those with no religion will increase hugely again in the next census.

Is it time to give the CofE the boot in terms of being in the public and become a secular country?
At the very least, the bishops should be out of the Lords. Also, get rid of the national anthem.

fred binneys head

Also, get rid of the national anthem.
GB News just said the national anthem is being changed to Allah Save The King.

PS: this isn’t true, but you weren’t surprised they said that, were you?

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
GB News just said the national anthem is being changed to Allah Save The King.

PS: this isn’t true, but you weren’t surprised they said that, were you?
Well they are taking over, as the census shows:

Screenshot_20221130_221203_Chrome.jpg

Actually, given the majority now have no religion, perhaps it should be "Nobody Save The King".